Ask
    dhlozek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Any suggestions to unplug a slow bathtub drain
    Looking for any suggestion as to how to unplpug a slow bathtub drain
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 05:13 PM

Take overflow coverplate off and pull out plunger(if applicable) now stuff a wet rag into overflow pipe (stuff it in hard enough to seal it) Now plunge the tub. You may have a friend that can hold the rag in place while you plunge the tub, May also remove tub strainer cover and see if there is a lot of hair and gunk in there that you can pull out with a pair of needle nose pliers. Let me know how things work out. Take care.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 05:57 PM

This is like a step #2 to mygirlsdad, if his fix doesn't work then you can rod down that overflow hole with a 1/4" rod, that should do it.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 01:11 AM

If Mygirlsdad's methode doesn't work proceed with Bob's instruction, see the images below, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 5, 2009, 07:41 AM
    To add a bit to both Bobs and Johns answers,To snake your tub remove the two screws holding the chrome face plate and pull up and out on the linkage and plug. Feed your snake in through the opening. You will run into the return bend of the trap about 18 inches down but crank and work your way past that yooi should only have 6 or 8 more feet to run out. Flush with a tub of hot water. Good luck and thank you for rating my answer, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub slow drain (used to drain OK!) [ 15 Answers ]

First, Hello to everyone and thanks in advance for any help. My bathtub used to drain properly (I think.) but not fast IIRC. I've done some searching around the site and found a few good ideas. So according to some suggestions, I've done the following. Unscrewed and remove the overflow...

Kitchen sink slow drain real slow drain [ 2 Answers ]

How do I unstop my kitchen sink with out calling a plummer to come out to charge me a arm and a leg to fix it.

Slow Bathtub Drain [ 5 Answers ]

My bathtub is draining really slowly. Usually takes about 10-20 minutes to drain completely after a shower. I tried liquid plumber this did nothing. I tried snaking it and plunging it neither did anything. I took off the U shaped valve directly beneath the drain and this was not clogged. When...

How to unplug bathtub [ 2 Answers ]

How to unplug bathtub

Bathtub drain water flows slow [ 1 Answers ]

I have put 80 Oz of liquid plumr gel in the tub train and flows good. The water flows slow. There is no place to try the snake to open the lines. What is the recommended next action? Any help will be appreciated.

View more questions Search