Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcclcc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Bladder tank pressure
    We have well water. The pressure has streadily decreased. How do I check to see if the bladder tank is working properly.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2009, 04:33 PM

When you say the pressure has decreased, do you mean you notice this in the house, or are you checking the pressure gauge to see if it's reading is down?

The main problem with pressure tanks is getting waterlogged. Check the following:

1. Does your pressure hold when the pump is not on? If so, then the checkvalve is OK.

2. Turn on a faucet and watch the pressure valve. If it is moving rapidly (just a few seconds) the fifteen or twenty pounds from cuton to cutoff, then you have a waterlogged tank. You can do a short-term fix by draining the tank (system off and faucet on until pressure is bled off) and then pressurizing the tank to 2# below the cuton pressure. This will last for several weeks and cure the shortcycling for that length of time. Long term... replace the tank.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 05:08 PM

Pressure at all fuacets, or just one or two. Do you have a filter or water softner? Is it just the hot, or hot and cold both that you have low pressure in. Please give us some more info and we will try to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Bladder Tank / Pressure Switch Set Up [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All I purchased a new 44gallon pressure tank and attempted to install it myself. After all connections had been made to the pump and to the rest of the home I turned power on to the pump. After a while of run time I learned that the pump was not actually pumping water into the tank? I then...

Low pressure from brand new bladder tank [ 4 Answers ]

The pump is also brand new and fills the 20 gallon pressure tank in a matter of seconds, but when after it comes up to 50 psi (cuts in at 30 psi) and I run the faucet, the pressure from the faucet is miserable, about 1 gallon in 2.5 minutes. Is is an installation error? When I first installed the...

No pressure in bladder tank [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bladder tank installed at my home. We had to cut the power to the tank off several days ago due to a replacement of an external pipe. When we turned the power back on, there is a humming sound as soon as any faucet is turned on, or whenever any toilet is flushed. There is a meter on the...

Residential Bladder Pressure Water Tank [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a rural area and my home is supplied by a well with a submersible pump. The water comes into a bladder pressure tank. I have noticed that when the shower or the dishwasher is running, the switch for the submersible well pump keeps switching off and on. I am worried that I will burn up...

View more questions Search