Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akapebble Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Antique Hand Puppets - Set of 5 Little Red Riding Hood
    I have Antique Hand Puppets - Set of 5 Little Red Riding Hood that I am trying to find more information on and a price to that I can sell them. Picture attached.

Big Bad Woolf - Hand Painted Paper Mache Head measures approx 13" around, 5 1/2" from tip of
    Ears to start of fabric at neck, approx 10" from shoulder to bottom of fabric, overall approx 17".

Little Red Riding Hood - Plastic Head with Moving Eyes approx 6" loosely around head and hood - 4 1/3 tight, 2 1/2" from tip
    Of hood to start of fabric at neck, 13 1/2" from shoulder to bottom of fabric, Red cape approx 11" and overall approx 15 1/2".

Grandmother - Hand Painted Wood Composite Head approx 5 1/2" loosely around head and rag hat,
    2 1/2" from tip of rag hat to neck, 10" from shoulder to bottom of fabric, overall approx 12".

The Hunter - Hand Painted Wood Composite Head approx 5 1/2" around head and 10" around brim of hat,
    2 1/2" from top of hat to neck, 7 1/2" from shoulder to bottom of fabric, overall approx 9".

Unknown Character - Hand Painted Wood Composite Head approx 6" loosely around head and rag hat,
    2" from tip of rag hat to neck, 14 1/2" from shoulder to bottom of fabric, overall approx 16".

These very old Hand Puppets were picked up at an Estate Sale 15 years ago and have been stored since.
    Each piece is in nice shape considering - the wood composite pieces have a bit of wair as shown in pictures.
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 01:59 AM

Hi, akapebble!

One thing that's to your advantage here, is that they are a set with a theme to them.

How old do you think they are, please?

Thanks!
    akapebble Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Hi - Thank you for the response... I really am not sure how old they are. They look old - I picked them up at a flea market/antique show... what do you think?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique Riding Mower? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I bought an old Montgomery Wards riding mower at an auction the other day, but I don't know what kind it is, the name was painted over. It is a Model ZYJ 48A. Does anyone know anything about it?

Antique riding lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a old riding lawnmower. Its belt driven It's a work horse 700. Has pedals like an old 9n ford tractor

Antique riding mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have this old riding mower but don't know what type/model it is. Can someone help us out ? Thanks !

Antique riding lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found what might possibly be an antique riding lawnmower in my fathers pole shed but I can't seem to find any information on the web about it. All I know about it is that it's a Porter Cable mower with a left hand discharge of all things! It also says Type No. 25803 and Serial No. 7111...

Troll and little red riding hood [ 7 Answers ]

Here's a fun little problem if anyine would like to have a go. It's not too bad. Maybe you've seen it before, if so, maybe those who haven't will find it fun. "Little Red Riding Hood is walking to her grandmother's house. She crosses a bridge and a troll tells her to pay 1/2 of all her...

View more questions Search