Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuCkYPr Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Don't want to eat
    Hi

I just adopted a sheltie from a shelter. And I kind worries because he don't want to eat. In the shelter they give me the food he was eating there. I try mixing dry food with rice didn't work and some hot dogs neither. The last resort it was change his metal bowl for a plastic bowl didn't work either. What I can do because I love this dog and I think we deserve a second chance in his life.
    Attached Images

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 05:40 PM

He looks just lovely. But, you know he is new to you and you are new to him. Trust is involved and he doesn't know yet how much he can trust you. You don't know how much he has been through. Do you know how many homes he has been in by chance?

Give him a HUGE CHANCE. Let him get used to his surroundings, make him comfortable, get some dog biscuits, talk to him, love him, pat him and he will come around to eating.

He will eat when he is absolutely hungry, not before.

You have a lovely pet in the making he is just beautiful !

Ms tickle

Feb 3, 2009, 05:43 PM
    In the shelter told me that he was rescue from a puppy mill. So I don't think he went for a foster or any home.

Thank You for everything
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Feb 3, 2009, 05:59 PM

Has he seen a vet yet? Puppy mills aren't known for taking care of their dogs, and many shelters don't put much care into the dogs either. He might have some sort of tummy issue.

Feb 3, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Well in the shelter give him his shots and spray. I think I have to take him if he don't eat during today and tomorrow.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 08:23 AM

I've been told that using low sodium chicken broth can help convince a dog to eat by mixing it in with their food. I don't know how well it would work but it might

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

I don't know if my girl just don't want me or if its time that we need. [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I been dating this girl for 11 months now and I like her a lot and stuff. But every since we started dating she had have a flirting problem with other guys, especially over the phone. But she doesn't go out with them or anything like that, she says that she doesn't know when she flirts that it...

I don't want to leave my fianc? But I don't know what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancé for a 1 year.We have really been through everything together. There is just one problem that cause the most trouble.He has a 3 year old daughter with his exwife of seven years.She took his daughter away from him and he just got her back today.He had to drop his...

Don't know what to do [ 3 Answers ]

OK I have a situation here... about a month ago I told a friend that I have liked her for the longest time... and at this time she is in a relationship with someone else. A few days after telling her this at a party she comes on to me and starts kissin my neck and such. I just found out a couple...

Don't know what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! I have been dating this man for almost 8 yrs now. We have a 5 yr old son together. 2 yrs ago his dad passed away and he was left with the responsibility to help his mom and siblings with the mortgage and the maintenance of the house. Last year Oct 06 I gave him an ultimatum he...

View more questions Search