Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kashbabii Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 04:32 PM
    I am 11 years and 40lbs. Overweight sO?
    I am 11 years old and 5ft 1in. I'm about to b 12 in 2mnths. But I'm still over weight I weight 139.7lbs. And I've been trying to loose weight since I was in 3rd grade but I gain about 10lbs. Almost every 6mnths. So help meh. I'm too younge to do those food diets (changing food that is put in house) so if ny one has tipss on like excercises are any routines can you tell me some!!
    :o
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 04:55 PM

Well your young so your right dieting isn't the best idea. On the other hand, choosing the right foods is important. You know apples instead of cookies, or yogurt instead of chocolate. When you go out to eat try to get healthier foods like if you're at McDonalds get one of their grilled wraps and apple dippers instead of a cheesburger and fries.

The good thing about being young is that you have so many exercise options open to you. You can join a sports team at your school or a recreational league in your community. If your not in to competition you might try to find a YMCA or YWCA and sign up for gymnastics or a kids arobics class, they also have karate and stuff like that.
    Try making little goals for yourself, like this week walk once around the block and next week walk around the block twice (depending where you live and how big the block is). You may also talk your parents or a friend in to coming with you, it's more fun if you have someone to talk to and you can make a game out of it, playing tag or something.

Hope everything works out!
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 05:02 PM

I was just looking at a body mass index calculator that says your BMI is 26.3, it should be between 18.5 and 24.9
    This being said you do not need to loose too much weight because the average weight for your height is 98-132 pounds, so you only really need to loose about 9 pounds to be at the average weight for your height
    Audra_Sonata Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Feb 3, 2009, 06:06 PM

Anything that really gets you moving is a plus at this point. Consider walking more, stand instead of sit more often, stretch in the am and pm, and yoga while watching TV. You'd be amazed at how much difference little things like that make. Also, DON'T REACH FOR THE salty or sugary SNACKS. If you have to have something, look for something a little healthier. That doesn' t mean "never snack"... just be very aware of what you're eating. Now is the time to develop a good sense of self and good health habits. The fact that you're thinking about it and asking the questions is a good start. Good Luck!

Feb 4, 2009, 08:41 AM

I understand your problems with the siblings and the food, and the hereditary aspects as well. I was one of five in a household where EVERYONE was overweight and the food choices were really not good at all. We learned early on to use food as a comfort device rather than for nutrition. Changing that is hard. You can do this, though. You obviously want to. Start by just working on healthy portions, picking the healthiest of your options, whatever they might be, and moving more. If you need a cheerleader or someone to vent to as you work on this, I'm just an email away.

Feb 4, 2009, 03:28 PM

Okay there is a problem I'm alergic to most fruit and some vegatable all except for peas, squash but those make me fill sick

I guess its because I'm not used to eating those foods though

Feb 4, 2009, 03:31 PM

Probably. If you're not used to eating certain foods, your stomach will likely take issue when they're first introduced. Try encorporating small amounts into meals and snacks, a little at a time, until you tolerate them better.

Feb 4, 2009, 03:37 PM

Okay thank you

Feb 5, 2009, 03:53 PM
    I weigh 140lbs. At 11
    I weigh 140lbs. At 11 and I need to loose weight quick.
    I want to loose fat off my belly and thighs.
    So what should I do?
    netcloud Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 06:40 AM
    Well, I say enough talking and more doing... at 11, this is a lot to weight, especially of you grow older and have kids, you will never gain control of your weight again...
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 10:10 AM

Eat real food. Don't for the Diet Specials or the Low fat junk. Instead, eat whole eggs, oily fish, fresh meat, lots and lots and lots of green vegetables, some fruit (but more veg), milk, nuts and seeds, olive oil, wholegrain.

Cut out (or completely reduce) anything with sugar, white flour or transfats. Don't eat stuff with long lists of ingredients you can't pronounce. Cut out sodas, even the diet ones.

This doesn't mean you can't hang out. If you go to a fast food place, you can eat the grilled chicken salad, or even a burger without the bun. And get the fruit bag instead of fries. Have water or milk instead of soda or milkshake.

Eating at home, try to replace white carbs (sugar, bread, pasta) with extra vegetables. Aim to double your intake of vegetables, you won't be hungry.

Make sure you are getting enough protein. Protein is essential for good health and proper growth, and it's filling! Get a good amount of protein into every meal. Have an egg at breakfast, not a bowl of cereal (read the label, they have frightening amounts of sugar). Oatmeal is another option.

Very important. When you are eating, don't do anything else. Turn off the TV, don't read. Sit at the table, Eat slowly, really enjoy the food and stop when you've had enough. Don't eat out of the fridge or when watching TV. You'll eat more and feel less satisfied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm overweight what shall I do. [ 6 Answers ]

:( :( :( I have a nurses appointment on Friday (this Friday) and I am really terrified I am overweight she is going to check me and put me on a diet, I'm I'm overweight but I don't want to reveal it to her. Help, ...

I need to lose 20-40lbs within 3 months [ 7 Answers ]

I am currently 19 years old, 6ft'1, & weight 225lbs. Any good exercises?

Overweight lab [ 2 Answers ]

I have two labs 3yr old and a 6 yr old. Both a little over weight . I put them on purina light and 6yr old lost nicey over eight weeks but 3yr olds looks if anything bigger? He also seemed to gain this weight quickly.

Want to reduce 40LBS [ 3 Answers ]

I want to lose 40lbs quickly, at least by 2weeks is there a way someone can give me information on it or what to do? :confused:

View more questions Search