Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emiced Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2004, 07:04 PM
    Is Win MX Legal?
    Is Win MX Legal? Cos I'm from singapore and the law here is kind of strict.. want to find out... Please reply, it's much appreciated. Thank you!
    dj-bri-t Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2004, 07:16 PM
    Re: Is Win MX Legal?
    I'm not totally sure about the laws there, but here are the laws in Canada:

DOWNLOADING: is legal. You are allowed to download as many MP3s as you want.

UPLOADING: is ILLIGAL. You are not allowed to give someone else music that they haven't paid the artist for!!

Now, to be a bit more technical, WinMX, the program, is 100% legal. What you do with it might not be. For example, I can have every single P2P client in the world on my computer, and I can give everyone music that I have made in my own spare time. However, if I send people songs that I haven't made, I have broken the law, and if you do this a lot, the fines (or jail sentances) can be huge.

To be completely sure, I suggest you go to your friendly community police station and ask. They'll tell you the answer so you can be completely sure about what your doing. I wouldn't worry about them thinking your some big MP3 pirate and them stalking you or anything... clairifying a law won't make you a suspect of it.

If you don't want to do that, you could search Google for it www.google.com for something like "Singapore filesharing laws". I wouldn't be surprised if you got the answer that way.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply again for any specific clarification.
    emiced Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2004, 03:40 AM
    Thanks a lot for that reply. It's really useful. Anyway, I tried using the program but it didn't seem to work well so I just deleted it. Thanks again. ;D
    dj-bri-t Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2004, 04:30 PM
    No problem. If it actually is legal, check out www.zeropaid.com for filesharing programs. One of the newest out right now is Ares, which runs on the Warez network (yes, the same name. No, not illigal). It's got great results, and download times, if you have DSL or cable, are virtually faster than you can listen to. Only problem with it is that it doesn't have an image viewer like Shareaza; it loads up your image viewer on your computer (like Paint, or Adobe Photoshop). Aside from that, it's an excellent program, and I highly recommend it.
    DeathBlade Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2004, 04:17 PM
    No

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal sex age [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 17 and will turn 18 on October 11th but my dad is thinking about putting my boyfriend in jail for being with a minor. My boyfriend is 24. I live in California and I know the age of consent is 18 but do you think the police will really enforce this law when I turn 18 in a month? If you can...

Is this legal? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for me to hack another one of my own computers?

Legal age? [ 3 Answers ]

I thought the legal age to work behind a bar was 18 but at my current employment there is a girl of 17 working behind the bar. I spocked to the owner about this and he said no it is 16 now in there U.K, but I just wanted to make sure. Can any one tell me what the legal age is for definite? Thank...

Is this legal ? [ 10 Answers ]

I currently accepted a job where I was under the impression I was to travel out of my surrounding area.During this last holiday break I received a phone call from the human resources that my itenerary would be in the mail.When I returned from my out of town holiday visit.I indeed received an...

Is It Legal [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter is buying a mobile home and land package deal. She started buying it in 2002. In 2004 she lost her job and got behind on her payments. So the mortgage co put it in foreclosure. She paid a little over 5 thousand to stop the foreclosure. Then in 2005 she had to take a different...

View more questions Search