Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laceelonebear Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Trying to Find my Father-In-Law
    I know this is going to be kind of vague but I figured this was worth a try. My husband's mother has never let him know who his father was, so when the topic came up he was a bit sceptical. He finally said that he wants to know who he is. I have been searching off and on for about 2 years with no luck. I really don't have the money for a Private Investigator so I have been looking on the internet. I don't have very much information so I haven't had much luck.

The information that I have is that his mother got pregnant while she was at Cannon Air Force Base in Clovis, NM. I know that he was in the service though I am not sure what branch or company. I think that he may have had something to do with the Air Force but I am not 100% sure. I have also heard something about a firefighter. I know that his name is Steven Fuller and may go by the name Steve. I have also heard that he was either black or puerto rican. I also know that he was from the Chicago, Illinois area before going to Clovis and I have heard that he has gone back to Illinois.

Other than that I have nothing. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laceelonebear View Post
    I know this is going to be kind of vague but I figured this was worth a try. My husband's mother has never let him know who his father was, so when the topic came up he was a bit sceptical. He finally said that he wants to know who he is. I have been searching off and on for about 2 years with no luck. I really don't have the money for a Private Investigator so I have been looking on the internet. I don't have very much information so I haven't had much luck.

The information that I have is that his mother got pregnant while she was at Cannon Air Force Base in Clovis, NM. I know that he was in the service though I am not sure what branch or company. I think that he may have had something to do with the Air Force but I am not 100% sure. I have also heard something about a firefighter. I know that his name is Steven Fuller and may go by the name Steve. I have also heard that he was either black or puerto rican. I also know that he was from the Chicago, Illinois area before going to Clovis and I have heard that he has gone back to Illinois.

Other than that I have nothing. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

There's a ton of Steven Fullers out there. What age group? That will GREATLY narrow down the search.

"Gem" is a master at this and he'll be along shortly.

I don't think a LPI will charge you that much on a location. Many also guarantee results. If they don't find the person, you don't pay.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 02:05 PM
    I had a similar quest, to find my mother's family, after she died.

I knew the town in Scotland that they were originally all from, so I looked up the local newspaper, and sent a letter to the editor. It was published, along with my email address, and I had three responses. One turned out to be related, and from there I was able to gather a lot of information.

Also, just thinking out loud here, you could try searching the online obituaries from the local funeral homes if you get it narrowed down to a town. The listings often list other relatives, which could include your husbands' relatives.

What about birth records. Does Illinois have a central registry? (I'm in Canada so it is a bit different here)

You may wish to make enquiries in Clovis as well, via the local newspaper.

Try Facebook too, you never know. I've found people I haven't seen in years.

Best of luck to you, I hope the effort produces results.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Feb 3, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Hello laceelonebear. Believe me, as much as I would love to take credit for becoming a better researcher on my own, JudyKayTee made me learn to do my "homework". With that said, Steve Fuller was a Fire Protection Supervisor in the United States Air Force. Do you have information as to his approximate age? I believe I have found him for you.

Feb 3, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Well, my husband is 28 so he would have to at least be in his late 40's. His mother is 50 so I am guessing he is a little older than her, not sure though.

Feb 3, 2009, 06:15 PM
    There are two (2) matches. I will keep trying to eliminate one from the other and supply the information asap.

Feb 9, 2009, 07:22 AM

I was just wondering if anyone else could help. We still haven't found the Steve Fuller we are looking for. I have tried the people searches but there are several Steve Fullers in Illinois let alone in the U.S. Without very much information I am having trouble locating him. If anyone has any information, it would be great if you could help!
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 09:53 AM

You have provided very little information, as you know, and we are all volunteers here. These searches take a lot of time and I'm sure "Gem" will get back to you as soon as he has something definitive. In the meantime, if you need the info quickly, I would recommend a Licensed Private Investigator with contacts and leads on a set hourly rate with the number of hours limited.

Feb 9, 2009, 10:04 AM

I appreciate the help and I don't mean to seem impatient. We are just very curious, to say the least, since he hasn't known who his father is for 28 years now. Sorry if I seemed pushy or impatient.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 10:06 AM
    I appreciate the help and I don't mean to seem impatient. We are just very curious, to say the least, since he hasn't known who his father is for 28 years now. Sorry if I seemed pushy or impatient.

No, not at all - I'm sure the wait is difficult. "Gem" (our resident expert) is good and he'll be back -

Hang in there!

Unfortunately we're dealing with a real common name here.

Feb 9, 2009, 10:15 AM

Trust me I understand just how common. Haha. I have been searching for quite some time now.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 10:17 AM
    Trust me I understand just how common. Haha. I have been searching for quite some time now.

Nobody with a last name of zyzyzyzylalalhohohzzz ever looks for a blood relative! :)

Feb 9, 2009, 10:24 AM
    Good point.. haha.. :D

Feb 9, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Before I could post any information I had to confirm with a U.S. Navy Recruiter to confirm my answer. The Steve Fuller you are referring to does currently reside in the state of Illinois. The provided link will assist in your search. Once again, I cannot in good conscience post any of his personal information for you. If you need any further help someone will be more than willing to assist with your request. (Within the regulations of AMHD)

Take-Care.

whitepages

Feb 9, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Thank-you laceelonebear for being as patient as possible. "JudyKayTee" brings a good point to all of this. Not meaning just you but anyone who conducts a search of their own for years with very little results willingly reaches out for help wanting almost immediate answers. The volunteers here within minutes, hours, or days usually can provide those long looked for answers needed to those tough questions. But there is one Premier Quality you will receive within... A verified response. As in the example I showed you in your other post with what can happen when a simple random search is performed a life unaffiliated with your request could become effected simply because the "homework" wasn't done.

God-Luck to you.

Keep us updated if you please.

Feb 9, 2009, 03:15 PM

Just one quick question. Is there anyway you can let me know what city? There are 27 different results in Illinois.

Feb 9, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Remember, you supplied his age group. That automatically narrows your search to ten (10). And less than that when you look for, "Steven".

Feb 9, 2009, 07:01 PM

I don't really understand why you can't just tell me the city. This is so frustrating because you know and can't seem to tell. I have been looking for so long and it is just dishearting that you can't help anymore.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 08:34 PM
    I don't really understand why you can't just tell me the city. This is so frustrating because you know and can't seem to tell. I have been looking for so long and it is just dishearting that you can't help anymore.

Hi, me again. I know "Gem" and I know his work. If he is not giving you more information, there really is a reason. I don't even know what it is - I honestly don't. But he has given you very good information. Check on line telephone directories for that exact first name in that exact area.

He isn't saying the info isn't out there; he isn't saying you can't find it; he's given you an important clue with the name. Use Zabbasearch and run that name and State.

Believe me - if the information is not being supplied, there is a reason for it.

Feb 9, 2009, 09:05 PM

Does that mean that there is something wrong? I'm not sure of a reason that it couldn't be supplied. I have searched and there are at least 7 matches and I have searched everything but can't seem to get any further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find father [ 7 Answers ]

I just asked a question a few minutes ago about finding my father and I forgot to enter his name. His name is Earl Kenneth Register he has a brother named Dutcher Register. I know there fathers name is Earl R Register and they all lived in St Augustine Florida USA. The last I was told anything...

Trying to find my father [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me find my father. I've paid money on more than one website and all I've got is bogus or outdated info. My mother has died in a car wreck and I need help. I know he lives in St augustine Florida but that's it. I've tried everything I know and have came up with nothing...

I need to find my father [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my name is Cristal, I am currently 21 years old, I never met my biological father,I'm not going to come out with crap... I don't really care if he wants to know me:rolleyes: he just needs to know I'm his daughter.. if an fact if I am.. :confused:that's a questions that been going in my life the...

Find my father [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My name is amber. I am 18 years old and am currently attending beauty school. When I was 3 my father left and I have only seen him a few times since then. Now I am trying to relocate him again and I don't know much about him. His name is eric mase evans, mid-to-late 30's. He is married with...

Find my father. [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can find my father or if there is any way that anyone can help me find him.

View more questions Search