Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romaniukesan Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 01:35 PM
    I can't figure out my dog's breed.
    He is about 4 years old, male and he has yellow coating..
    His front legs are very muscular and his chest is allso very muscular, he's very active, alltho he was pretty shy of the camera, he gets gelous when I give attention to any other dog.. at least that's what I think it is..
    He didn't got so much training, we had him since he was a puppy, there were more of his brothers from what I know but I've seen most of them and none loooks as good as him, and everyone sees him on the street and asks me what breed is he and I just can't figure it out.. shame on me :).. he has a great deal of respect for my family, he seems to know his rank in the family very well, he's pretty much like a human.
    He somehow understands what we're saying to him alltho he didn't got much training and everyone finds that amazing because there isn't any other dog I've seen to look or act like him, and I guess it's from the love we have for him.
    So can anyone make out a breed from what I've said?
    Any help would be much apreciated
    Attached Images

Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 01:37 PM

Looks like there is some American Pit Bull in his heritage.

Feb 3, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland View Post
    Looks like there is some American Pit Bull in his heritage.
    I don't know about that because he's been like that ever since, his height hasn't changed, its still mid to small, his nose's "length" (I don't know how to call that) hasn't changed, and he's was pretty much an adult when the pic's were taken
    I guess he's a mix breed...
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 01:50 PM

He's definitely a mix breed.

Here is a pic of Cesar Milan's (the Dog Whisperer) dog named Daddy.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/1/129...2f9259.jpg?v=0

He isn't very tall and he is quite muscular. Your dog made me think of Daddy.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 02:03 PM

Pit bull or ridgeback cross with a labrador I think. Pretty boy! Pitt bulls don't seem to be very standardised.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 02:08 PM

My dad called these kind of dogs Heinz 57.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland View Post
    My dad called these kind of dogs Heinz 57.
    Why? I don't get it... :(
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 02:30 PM

Heinz 57 is a product that has a little of this and a little of that in it.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Feb 3, 2009, 03:00 PM

Nice animal! I'm voting part Lab also. Doesn't really matter what specific breed as long as it's a good dog. You are very lucky.

Feb 4, 2009, 01:17 AM

Thank you.. Guess it's because the way we're taking care of him, I think that's why he looks so different from his brothers..
    Now I might be a little pesimist here, but I would like to know with who I should mate him (I hope that's the word) to possibly get some puppies that look like him.. my dad loves him so much and I guess that having anotheone like him will help him(and the rest of us) pass with more ease over him passing away.
    Sakamai Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 08:46 PM

He's definitely mixed, if I had to guess A Pit Bull, Yellow Lab mix...
    Jenelea Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 01:37 PM

Any black on his tongue?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog's weird behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Wonce and a while when my dog (west Highland Terrier) is playing with his stuffed toy he does this. First he gets a good grip, stays still and starts moving his front paws up and down until I call him. Does it matter or is it just a habbit?

Dog's teeth [ 1 Answers ]

HI My 3 year old Mini Schnauzer had 11 teeth taken out on 03-05-08. She is eating OK ,I add hot water to her dry food then mush it up. But my big problen iss I can't get her to drink any water. She is not a very big dog only 16 lbs. I have always tried to give her the best of care and I am always...

A brown spot on my dog's eye. [ 3 Answers ]

I hope it is OK to ask a question here? I didn't see any where to ask questions about pets. My dog has a brown spot on the white of his left eye. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

Please help me figure out what Maggie's breed/s could be. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there... I have a darling, endearing 1 year old pup (Maggie May) of which I swear she's Jack Russell, at least partially - with her extremely long legs, long neck, thin stature and fun personality. However, she has a dark under belly and a blonde/buff/golden coat which suggest another breed in...

My dog's behaviour [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed a strange behaviour in my dog, late this evening. He is 7 years of age and is a spitz dog. Today I suddenly found him restless about half an hour after he took his evening meal. He was shivvering in some kind of fear and was trying to hide himself at some corner. Or tried to enetr toilet...

View more questions Search