Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzieb Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2009, 11:46 AM

I honestly can't be bothered to enter into your ridiculous arguments for legalizing this stuff. For the record my son was smoking this at school mostly.
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 7, 2009, 12:18 PM

They call pot the gateway drug. Its because people go to their dealers for pot, and their dealers introduce them to something else. If pot is legalized I think it help out with this. Alcohol is just as dangerous - if not more - than weed. So why is it that it is legal?

Legalize it, tax it, put money back into education and helping rebuild the economy. I have never heard of a case that extreme with any strain of pot; how can you be sure that is all he was doing? Why would he tell you the truth about it?
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Apr 7, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by suzieb View Post
    I speak as a mother whose son started using the skunk form of cannabis at age 12 (unbeknown to me). (
    Quote Originally Posted by suzieb View Post
    I know my son and the other kids on the TAC website weren't taking other drugs.
    If you didn't know your son was smoking skunk, then how can you be sure he wasn't doing other drugs as well? Just a thought.

Not everyone who thinks marijuana should be legalized is a 'user' and I think the people here have made it very clear that any form of marijuana should be kept away from kids. The same is said for alcohol and tobacco, keep it away from underaged people and thankfully we have laws that help do just that since Children and Teens don't always understand moderation or see past the moment.
    You're probably thinking 'dummy that's why marijuana is illegal' but if you want to keep the kids and teen users down and have a real chance to keep them off the skunk then it really should be legalized to keep it out of the youngesters hands. Have severe penalties and fines for anyone caught selling or providing for anyone underage... I'm talking super penalties, take away crops, licenses, super big fines, jail time etc... Think about it, if you are sellling marijuana and you know your whole business can go down the toilet if you sell to someone underaged, would you do it? Or would you sell to adults, make money, have a business and pay taxes?

This country (US) could easily get out of the crap it's gotten its self into in just a couple of years. Other countries wouldn't have to buy our debt, our dollar will gain value for once. Think of how many people sell or smoke marijuana, all that money is free money to the people selling it. If they're making all kinds of money and not getting taxed on it... I must be the moron for not selling!

People smoke weed because they enjoy it. People drink because they enjoy it. People have sex because they enjoy it. People listen to music because they enjoy it. Some people can legally smoke weed for pain and that's wonderful news.
    I sincerely hope this country gets it's rear end out of the 1930's when this whole illegal marijuana crap started. Sorry about the tangent I went off on I have strong feelings on this subject.
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Apr 7, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeBel View Post
    They call pot the gateway drug. Its because people go to their dealers for pot, and their dealers introduce them to something else. If pot is legalized I think it help out with this.
    I think it would help out too. If you can smoke marijuana legally why would you bother getting busted for something else?
    inla_bomber Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2009, 01:28 PM

I've never smoked it, but I can't understand why it has to be illegal? I quit smoking Lucky Strikes last may, and I've noticed the cigarette smoking population is shrinking (especially here in Minnesota, where every restaurant and bar is non-smoking now). The corner convience stores are starting to close down. One of my best friends smokes weed all the time, and his dealer's wallet is always full, plus he drives a beautiful car. Why are we making 'this' guy rich? While Kellie's Korner has to close its doors instead of maybe being able to sell this stuff and make more money.
    On a similar note, my great grandmother, out of Osseo, was a moonshiner and conducted illegal abortions. Institutionalized stupidity is nothing new.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2009, 01:33 PM

Hello again,

Consider this...

Twenty five or so, years ago, about 50% of us were addicted to the most dangerous drug in the world. Today, in THIS country, that number has been cut in HALF. Millions upon millions of lives have been saved.

We accomplished this by simply telling the TRUTH about the drug... And, we didn't have to put anybody in jail, either. Imagine that.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Toyota Duet Smoke excessive smoke emission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have problem with too much emission of smoke. Even more excessive smoke in the morning. Can't even see anyone around the vehicle!! Took it to toyota for diagnostics they discovered valve seal leaked and oil dropping on top of number 1 piston. Have changed the valve seals but still same...

Second hand smoke [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to get second hand smoke from a smoker or marijuana smoker by KISSING them Scenario: you kiss someone who has just smoked, you can taste it and the smoke is still being breathed from that person's lungs Scenario 2: several days after a person has smoked they still breath out...

Smoke Detectors: Something is not right [ 2 Answers ]

I have 5 detectors in the house: 1 in the basement, 1 in the MBR on the first floor, and 3 upstairs in the bedroom. The detector in the basemet has a Green LED on. I am assuming it is the first detector in that circuit coming from the breaker box. Inside the basement detector are 4 other...

Smoke/Fog machine [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, We are making a small play in my community and I would like to add some visual effects to it. I thoughtabout adding some smoke (like TV shows, etc). Anyone to give me some idea how to build a DIY smoke machine? Thanks

View more questions Search