Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 03:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by julieishere View Post
    i just dont get it. it is such a phneolmon to me why so many people feel the need to get stoned and spend there hard earned money on the crap opposed to putting there money forth towards something more productive. i just can't help but to feel that there is more important things to do other than smoke up while sitting on the sofa eathing junkfood and watching cartoons. unmovaited and not doing nothing with your life other than being a prasite to the economy. tell me what yall think
    I think in many ways it is about choice. Pot is actually good for you in many ways, and has been for thousands of years. Medicinally, many who suffer from various illnesses, particularly those recovering from chemotherapy/radiation, benefit. A pro-marijuana activist friend of mine in California often talks about the difficulty in actually getting a prescription filled. In Canada here, last year, the medical weed produced in a government plant in FlinFlon Manitoba was SO bad, that restrictions have been lifted, as it was considered unconstitutional to force people to buy from one source. So people can actually buy from a licenced grower now.

There is a lot of money to be made by selling the public into thinking that marijuana is a bad drug.

Recreationally, I would much rather be in the company of social pot smokers, than drinkers. I was at a SARS concert in Toronto with over a 1/2 million people. Everybody was smoking weed, and the drunks stuck out like a sore thumb. They were the predictable ones. Loud, rude, fighting, acting like idiots, and getting taken out, while the rest of us enjoyed the music.

I would much rather have people on my sofa smoking weed, eating junk food and watching cartoons, than a bunch of drunks being obnoxious, rude and peeing in my garden.

It is a myth that recreational pot smoking for responsible adults is somehow deserving of societies wrath. Such stereotypes are not deserved in my opinion.
    vwdieseljunkie Posts: 107, Reputation: 13

Mar 24, 2009, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    My best friend is married to a cop and believe or not he smokes weed almost everyday before he leaves work. How he passes his drug testing I will never know.
    You know, a large number of uniformed officers I have known over the years do the same thing. The ones that don't are the ones that are on prescription anti-anxiety medications to deal with the job related stress and anxiety. I can say that I understand why they do this, having a bit of law enforcement experience myself, but refuse to agree with it because it becomes hypocritical for them to took up to do their job, and in the course of their job, arrest folks on marijuana charges.
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 05:44 AM
    That's a good point.

I would think that the moral contradiction would bother a police officer as well.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    I would think that the moral contradiction would bother a police officer as well.
    Hello Jake:

It would if the cops HAD any morals. Most DON'T.

excon
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 05:53 AM
    I knew you'd weigh in on this one. ;)

Regardless of who is judging who on moral grounds, I can't think of a single soul that doesn't compromise their principles at some time or another.
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    Regardless of who is judging who on moral grounds, I can't think of a single soul that doesn't compromise their principles at some time or another.
    Hello again, Jake:

I don't disagree. But, I'm not the one who swore an oath to uphold the law.

excon
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Mar 24, 2009, 08:23 AM
    Jake wrote:
    I would much rather have people on my sofa smoking weed, eating junk food and watching cartoons, than a bunch of drunks being obnoxious, rude and peeing in my garden.

LOL isn't that the truth!

Wow I just realized this thread was moved to addictions :eek:
    vwdieseljunkie Posts: 107, Reputation: 13

Mar 25, 2009, 04:52 AM
    I have basically decided that the only reason why it will never be legalized is because keeping it illegal is the source of law enforcement funding. There's too much money in it keeping it illegal. That way you can keep fines, seizures, etc, rolling into the law enforcement community. If it were legalized, all of a sudden they would have to focus on other things, like say crack or meth. That's more likely to get them killed in the line of duty. And crackheads and meth-heads don't have anything worth seizing.

It's a scam. No matter how you look at it, we are allowing our government to scam us.
    suzieb Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2009, 02:06 AM

I speak as a mother whose son started using the skunk form of cannabis at age 12 (unbeknown to me). By the age of 14 he had become violent and aggressive. By the age of 16 he had seriously assaulted me and committed several acts of criminal damage; resulting in him entering the Youth Justice system. He now lives in a homeless hostel and does nothing all day apart from hang around the streets with his like minded friends,smoking his skunk. No college, no work, living on benefits, no motivation... I'm sad to say that I simply could not cope with him any longer and had to exercise tough love by making him leave my home for my own safety. I know there are a lot of other parents out there like me who think this stuff is very dangerous; especially in the hands of youngsters. Their brains are not developed enough to cope with this very strong strain of cannabis and it can have devastating results. Read some of the stories on here if you have any doubts Talking About Cannabis - Experiences 2008. My own story is on there along with the hundreds of other stories. Please note I do not dispute that for some people cannabis can be therapeutic and quite calming and relaxing but please look at the dangers of the stuff too. There is no way this should be legalized.:(
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Apr 5, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by suzieb View Post
    I speak as a mother whose son started using the skunk form of cannabis at age 12 (unbeknown to me). By the age of 14 he had become violent and aggressive. By the age of 16 he had seriously assaulted me and committed several acts of criminal damage; resulting in him entering the Youth Justice system. He now lives in a homeless hostel and does nothing all day apart from hang around the streets with his like minded friends,smoking his skunk. No college, no work, living on benefits, no motivation... I'm sad to say that I simply could not cope with him any longer and had to exercise tough love by making him leave my home for my own safety. I know there are a lot of other parents out there like me who think this stuff is very dangerous; especially in the hands of youngsters. Their brains are not developed enough to cope with this very strong strain of cannabis and it can have devastating results. Read some of the stories on here if you have any doubts Talking About Cannabis - Experiences 2008. My own story is on there along with the hundreds of other stories. Please note I do not dispute that for some people cannabis can be therapeutic and quite calming and relaxing but please look at the dangers of the stuff too. There is no way this should be legalized.:(
    The same thing can happen with alcohol as well... and that's legal. I do think that both alcohol and marijuana should be kept away from minors, since they are still developing and don't know what they're doing half the time ;)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 05:31 PM

The marijuana called Skunk is a very powerful form of pot that not everyone can smoke and handle. Even adults cannot handle this Skunk. For a supposedly harmless drug to give a person bouts of psychosis this is definitely not a harmless drug. Over in England this form of powerful pot is apparently very prevalent. I have not heard of this kind being sold here in the US though (thank god) at least not up North. Down in Florida it used to be brought into the country by the Haitian illegals. It is sold in Jamaica, Africa and the Dominican Republic though. I think that there is something else added to this form of marijuana to cause the psychosis happening even months after quitting. This form definitely must be literally outlawed all over the world. The ordinary pot does not cause such violent reactions.

Thank you for the link to the talkingaboutcannabis. I have read a lot of the horror stories on that site and can see where this is definitely a problem in the UK. A huge problem. All the children's lives that have been wrecked and ended up being hospitalized is horrible. All for wanting to get high. How tragic.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 06:05 PM

Hello again,

Skunk, Kush, Northern Lights, Train Wreck, God's Gift, and dozens of other strains are prevalent in the pot market in the US. Most of the domestic consumption is grown domestically, and is the finest pot in the world. American pot has won the Cannabis Cup competition in Amsterdam many times. Pot grown by Jack Herer, who wrote the book, the Emperor Wears No Clothes, is the current champion.

You folks ought to get out more. What?? In the land of Rodeo Drive, you don't think we'd be smokin the best pot in the world here in America?? Really?

excon
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 06:26 PM
    I speak as a mother whose son started using the skunk form of cannabis at age 12 (unbeknown to me). By the age of 14 he had become violent and aggressive. By the age of 16 he had seriously assaulted me and committed several acts of criminal damage; resulting in him entering the Youth Justice system. :(
    I smoked weed as a teen, skunk including(it been around for years) and I never committed any crime. Maybe he was doing more than weed.

Also, my uncle been smoking weed for years and he never committed any crime neither.

People say weed makes you do crazy things but I never once heard of a weed smoker jumping off a roof but I heard of people that used other drugs do so.
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    A huge problem. All the children's lives that have been wrecked and ended up being hospitalized is horrible. All for wanting to get high. How tragic.
    Hello twinky:

It IS a shame. Drugs of any kind are not meant for children. It is, however, abundantly clear that making pot ILLEGAL, hasn't kept it out of your children's hands. Today, the POT DEALERS dictate how powerful it is, where it's sold, and WHO BUYS IT. You, as a responsible parent DON'T have any say at all, in that marketplace.

If you want a say, legalize pot and REGULATE it.

excon
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:06 PM

I think the mom who's kid went beserk was doing something else beside the pot.
    And as far as the wrecked, violent, and aggressive nature sounds like that old movie "Reefer Madness, probably find a site that says it's a cure all, People can write anything.
    I have been down here since '81 and Columbians were major importers, didn't see so many Jamaicans. To be fair, Many nationalities looked to profit from the sales.
    We made profit from the Busts?
    suzieb Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2009, 11:11 AM

Thanks Twinkie for trying to help put the case forward against skunk. I might have known that other 'users' would protest. I know my son and the other kids on the TAC website weren't taking other drugs. It is the skunk stain that is so dangerous to some (not all) teenagers. I guess it depends on how their brains are wired. Even so it's a big problem in the UK as you say and I wish it could be made unavailable especially to these vulnerable kids. I think the answer to why so many people use it is that they can't face the real world stone cold sober!
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2009, 11:22 AM
    I wish it could be made unavailable
    Hello again, suzieb:

I'm sorry. I have no idea what you think the drug war has been about for the last 36 years. If putting 1,000's upon 1,000's of people in jail hasn't made skunk pot UNAVAILABLE, WISHING it away might work as well.

If you want to DO something about it, instead of WISHING, legalize it and regulate it.

excon
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 11:30 AM

Ex you forgot the Sour Diesel!!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 11:31 AM
    Thanks Twinkie for trying to help put the case forward against skunk. I might have known that other 'users' would protest. I know my son and the other kids on the TAC website weren't taking other drugs.!
    Why was your son and all the teens on that site smoking weed anyway and where was the parents?

Parents need to more keen about what their kids are doing and be open by talking to their kids, especially teens.
    CallMeBel Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Apr 6, 2009, 12:21 PM

I agree with many other posters here to legalize it. I have smoked on and off for a few years, I haven't smoked for about 7 months now though.

And I think I am going to start a craving question about this, I am curious to see people's cravings haha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Toyota Duet Smoke excessive smoke emission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have problem with too much emission of smoke. Even more excessive smoke in the morning. Can't even see anyone around the vehicle!! Took it to toyota for diagnostics they discovered valve seal leaked and oil dropping on top of number 1 piston. Have changed the valve seals but still same...

Second hand smoke [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to get second hand smoke from a smoker or marijuana smoker by KISSING them Scenario: you kiss someone who has just smoked, you can taste it and the smoke is still being breathed from that person's lungs Scenario 2: several days after a person has smoked they still breath out...

Smoke Detectors: Something is not right [ 2 Answers ]

I have 5 detectors in the house: 1 in the basement, 1 in the MBR on the first floor, and 3 upstairs in the bedroom. The detector in the basemet has a Green LED on. I am assuming it is the first detector in that circuit coming from the breaker box. Inside the basement detector are 4 other...

Smoke/Fog machine [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, We are making a small play in my community and I would like to add some visual effects to it. I thoughtabout adding some smoke (like TV shows, etc). Anyone to give me some idea how to build a DIY smoke machine? Thanks

View more questions Search