Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natashas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Confusing BBT
    Can your BBT drop below coverline and you still be pregnant? I did not think it ever could.

I ovulated on 7/24 and tried for a baby then. My BBT rose after that and had been close to 98 for the last few days. Then yesterday my BBT dropped to 97.45. This is usually means my period will start that day (has every time for the past two years). I prepared for my period.

But it did not come. I thought it would by this morning BUT instead my BBT is back up at 98.03.

What could this mean? Can I possibly be pregnant if my BBT was so low yesterday?

I am quite confused.

Also, because I was sure my period was coming yesterday and I always get hellish cramps, I took ibuprofen three times. The only way to manage my cramps is to start taking ibuprofen before the cramps start, to kind of head them off.

I, of course, did not wind up getting cramps or a period. If I am pregnant is it bad that I took ibuprofen?
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 9, 2006, 07:31 AM
    I would have to say that that dip in your temp is a implantation dip. It is where the implanting of a fertlized egg "rescues" your hormone level. I was tracking my bbt and had two of them. I am now pregnant with twins*hoping to pop soon*. I have a site that might help explain it a bit better.
    www.fertilityfriend.com
    It has a ton of info on it and should help you to find out more about it. I am not a dr or a nurse by any stretch. I don't thin that the Ibuprofen should be of any concern as of yet since the placenta hasn't formed, but I would definitely switch to tylenol, and start taking (if your not already) prenatal pills. Also have you taken an hpt? Even if the line is faint your still preggy. Also buy a two pack so that if you get a negative you can retest in a week. It will help to ease your mind. Hope all this helps.
    natashas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 07:47 AM
    Hi Myth, thanks so much for responding. Could I have an implantation dip this late in my cycle (i.e. my period was originally due today which is 16 days since ovulation, my usual period day)? I thought implantation happened between days 6-12.

I will definitely not take anymore ibuprofen. I actually almost never take medication for anything (except to head off period cramps - wouldn't you know it).
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 9, 2006, 08:01 AM
    It is different for different women. Day 16 is not unheard of but not as likely as say day 12... I personally had one on day 6 and a second on day 10 and tested positive on day 13... mind you this is dpo not since my last period. If it had been since LMP it would have been on day 26 and day 29, with a positive test on day 31. I also ovulated on day 18 of my cycle. Women very greatly in how their body reacts to hormones and the changes we go through from cycle to cycle... If you have been keeping record of your bbt I would put it into their charting and see what comes up... It's not fool proof but It can do much better than I can when it comes to knowing about charting... When your done if you can put the info in, compare your chart to others. That much should be free... Well I have to get to a dr appt. If you need help I'm here just pm me. I'm sure more people will be along shortly to add to my answers with their own... Who knows I may be way off base here... I don't think I am.

Oh and if you look at your days... sperm can live for several days in the body and it does take a week for your egg to implant sooo... take an hpt and grab a two pack... always when in doubt see your dr.
    denilson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 05:44 AM
    Hi myth
    I have been trying to conceive for the past two months I have a 9 yrs old son.. so its about time for another baby:) , well I have been charting for 2 months and I can't say that I learned it I'm still very green .maybe you can help me and give some advice cause I'm really confused.. my last period was on 15 July we start intercouse from the 19 July 2011 and again on the 22 and on the 24 on the 29.. on the 29 was my ovulation day the bbt rise to 97.8 it was Friday than sat it was 97.7 sun 97.8 mon 97.9 tues 98.1 wed 98.2 thur 98.2 and today gets lower to 97.9 could this means pregnancy or not yesterday I also did the pregnancy test it came negative after 6 dpo... please help me I'm really confused

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Networked CD crive is confusing me [ 2 Answers ]

Running XP This computer had a mapped CDROM drive which was mapped as D:. After intalling a new CDROM drive I noticed that it windows did not add a new drive but instead the Mapped drive is acctually the drive inside the computer. Renaming the mapped drive to E: gives me a Normal CDROM drive...

Confusing messages [ 6 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for the last year. We got along very well, had a very compatible lifestyle with lots of mutual affection. I was very happy. He has been under a lot of stress lately with being laid off from his high-tech job and unable to find anything, and I was doing my...

Boys Are So Confusing And Annoying! [ 4 Answers ]

I went to a concert and met this really cute, flirtatous, sweet guy... or so I thought. Later on when we were about to go our separate ways, he gave me his number, then we kissed and hugged goodbye . So a few days later I finally worked up the nerve to call him. He didn't answer, but called me back...

Very confusing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Joe, If you're asking about this site, it's active. What's the problem? :o

View more questions Search