Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjoaq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 06:26 AM
    Air conditioners 120vac vs 220vac
    I want to purchase a window air conditioner. Some say that a 220 vac air conditioner is best, I want to know why.
    I understand that with the 220vac system, you can have more capacity, more BTU's. I don't need much since the room is small.
    What the difference?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2006, 03:33 AM
    Typically, 220 will be more efficient in larger rooms... but but to about 10,000 BTU, they'll generally be 110.

Here's a typical room size/btu/volt guideline:
    http://www.feddersoutlet.com/sizingguide2.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar Air conditioners [ 1 Answers ]

HI All I am looking for a small solar powered AC unit which I could put in a small room (size 2 x 2 x 1.8 meters). This room is mainly made of glass and I am now using it as a storage room. The AC unit could replace one of the roof panels and I would prefer it to a modular type with little...

Servicing Air Conditioners [ 5 Answers ]

Can I add refrigerant to my 1998 Dodge Caravan air conditioning system?

Portable room air conditioners [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Can you please tell me how much of an area does a 9,000 BTU cover from an air conditioner (portable unit)? Thanks

Water conditioners [ 6 Answers ]

We have a Rainsoft whole house water conditioner. It seems to do the job but sometimes I see some pink around the filter faucet and around the drain in the sink where the water can sit. A neighbor said that reverse osmosis is better because you don't use salt but I thought that they all used salt....

What does it take to slow a 120vac 60hz motor? [ 3 Answers ]

What does it take to slow a 120vac 60hz motor?

View more questions Search