Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2003, 02:17 AM
    Converted MP3 to CDA, but poor quality..
    Hi,

I've recently converted some mp3 songs into CDA file formats for listening on my audio cd player. I used the NERO software to do the conversion. Now the quality of sound has really disappointed me after burning. Is there anyway I can overcome this hurdle? Or do I need to do some magic ::) at the time of burning the cd?

Please enlighten me on this issue. Any helpful suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

SAI
    DylanFogle Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2003, 10:41 AM
    The MP3 file format is a compression technique to make audio files smaller. This file format is a lossy format, meaning that as it compresses the file it removes parts of the file it thinks you don't need. So what has happened is the mp3 has a Bitrate that is low and you are trying to enlarge the file back to a cda type file. So that data that was taken away from the original is no longer there in the new cda file. One thing you can do is if you created the mp3 then choose a higher bitrate when encoding the mp3, but if you downloaded the mp3 you don't have much choice. www.mp3.com has lots of information on creating MP3s.
    fta206 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2004, 05:29 PM
    Dylan's right. It often times is a problem caused by the software that encoded the MP3.

Another suspect is your cd burner. It may cause the 'popping' and 'static' that you may hear. I personally dealt with this when copying from one cd to another. My $250, 'top-of-the-line', HP 9100 cd burner was a major let down.
    Food for thought.
    dj-bri-t Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2004, 05:12 PM
    I use NERO 5.5.3.0 and I haven't had many problems with it. If you have any problems with there being skips recorded into a CD, slow down the burn speed. I have a 16x burner, but unless I don't care about the quality, I never burn above 4x (running on a Celeron 433, probably has something to do with it). If you are downloading these songs from a P2P client such as KaZaA, check the stats before you download a song and get a bitrate of at least 96Kbps if you plan on needing high-quality recordings. Keep in mind that CDs run at a bitrate of 256Kbps, but the human ear can't tell the difference between 128 and 256 - there's really no point in going above 128Kbps.
    Djspindizzy2000 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2004, 06:26 AM
    Nero 6 is well worth the money, put it to you this way, I don't even know what you mean by poor quality cd's didn't even know there was aproblem all my cd I have bought have gone onto mp3 format and then if I want to burn a 2nd copy for someone then I just burn from mp3 instead of playing my cd all the time, no problems ever, you should try it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quality Control [ 2 Answers ]

What are the attractions and challenges of automated inspection?:confused: :confused:

Converted From F-1 To H-1/h-1b Visa In 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I have converted from F1/OPT to H1 on 8/15/2005. My employer deducted Social Security and Medicare tax for the first 3 months of the year I have worked with my OPT. After 4 months break (didn't work), I continued with the same employer on H1. I have only one W2 for the entire year. If I...

Poor VCD/SVCD quality [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... First off, it is great to have "askme" back! When I burn a movie that I have downloaded from the web in *.avi format with Nero 6.00 UE to a svcd/vcd format the result is a movie on the TV that is very poor quality. Specifically what bothers me the most is the severe artifacts being...

View more questions Search