Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstraveler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Shortcut using XP, IE7
    I have IE7, XP and am trying to create a shortcut from a website (my email log-in page).
    I've created the shortcut but when I open it I get the box that says: Choose the Program you want to use to open it. I highlight Internet Explorer and click the Always Use button at the bottom.

Every time I click on my shortcut it keeps giving me this same box and the Always Open is not clicked. I'm not able to get to the website directly.

Can you please help?
    thefourthwall Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 11:10 AM

Try this:
    1. Right-click on Desktop, choose New then Shortcut
    2. in the "Create Shortcut" window, click the Browse button
    3. Expand My Computer, then the C drive, then Program Files, then Internet Explorer
    4. Select iexplore.exe and click OK
    5. in the "Type location of the item" field, you now have a long entry that reads "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    6. Click to the right of the quotation mark at the end of iexplore.exe and press the spacebar once if necessary, so that there is a space between the " and what you're going to type next, which is http://mail.yahoo.com or whatever the address is for your webmail login page
    7. Click Next
    8. Give the Shortcut a name that is meaningful to you.
    9. Double-click the shortcut to open to your webmail login
    10. Done!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 11:25 AM

If all else fails you could just bookmark the site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

I have W/2000. When I boot up I get a message on my desktop with a Yellow triangle. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'GStartup.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. I just remove...

Shortcut for Bullets [ 2 Answers ]

What shortcut is used to insert Bullets.

Shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know when I inserted the disk the window shows The yellow triangle sign with problem shortcut and said The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'CD Drive.lnk' refers to is unavailable.Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then...

Shortcut keys gone? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: How can I fix my desktop shortcut keys? The website shortcuts on my desktop won't open anymore? Can someone help? Thanks :eek: :eek:

Keyboard shortcut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Just wanted to know what is the keyboard shortcut for maximizing a window, any window, a browser or something?

View more questions Search