Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Giseledias Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Electric shock/current passing through human body.
    Since the last 3-4 mnths I am facing a strange problem that I can't really describe. I feel a sudden electric current like passing through my finger tips on touching steel objects ( utensils, taps etc) or empty egg shells etc. sometimes if other people try to finger touch me on my hand there suddenly appears a friction and we both get the sensation of current passing and so pull our hands away. This is really strange and appears more frequently during the night time. Throughut the day the number of occurrences are very few. My doc is unable t understnd the problem either and my sister feels worried as she has touched my hand many times and got the shock sensation. Also there is a slight patting sound when this current passes. Please help me know if anybody else also has come across a similar problem..
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 07:48 AM

I've had splinters give that sensation.
    I would try to measure the voltage.
    When your sister feels a shock, is it after walking on carpet, plastic? Static?

Feb 4, 2009, 06:45 AM

You isn't understanding the problem. I get ths sudden shock sensation while I may be sitting or working in the kitchen, while I may try to pick up a utensil or while eating food. Sometimes I might just be sitting in one place on a normal chair and there someone just tries to touch me and that person feels a sudden current pass through his/her body. I also experience the sudden current flow and immediately withdraw my hand away from the other person. This happens when I am not in contact with any electrical or electronic device. I know the problem is very strange.
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2009, 07:10 AM

I do understand, you have voltage, not a splinter, If someone else can feel this voltage, it can be measured. Have you measured the voltage yet?
    Do you have any metal in your body?

Feb 6, 2009, 05:08 AM

No I have not measured the voltage. I don't know how to go about doing that .but hey tell me do human beings have voltage in their body normally. And metal well just the gold bangle I wear, there's no other metal as such. But most people wear gold ornaments don't they?

Feb 6, 2009, 05:09 AM
    But you, of late I have been consuming a lots of 'womens horlicks' with milk. Could that be the reason.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2009, 07:16 AM
    women's horlicks
    What is that?

Is it cold where you are? Could this be a case of simple static electricity?
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 07:27 AM

Here's a kit to measure body voltage:
    Body Voltage Meter Kit VC840
    You can scroll down and down load the instructions for you curiosity. Good Luck.

Feb 9, 2009, 06:54 AM

Well it isn't cold where I am. Woman's horliks is a health drink specially designed to meet the needs catering to a woman's body ( as in extra iron content and stuff ). Well I don't understand anything about static electricity. But my probs extremely strange I know. I spend hours in front of my PC, could that be a reason>?
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:32 AM

Static Electricity is like when you walk acroos carpet, then touch someone or a door nob or something, and it will give a brief shock/spark.
    It is Only momentary and brief, and it would have a continued pulsing. It would just discharge. You can rub a baloon across your hair and make it stand on end.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:45 AM

Check out this video:
    Bill Nye the Science Guy - 25: Static Electricity 1/3 - Video
    haisudheer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2009, 12:18 AM
    Hi guys. Sad to know that I am not the only person suffering from these electric shocks. I too feeling exactly the same shocks when I touch any metal or non-metal items, including other human body. Its strange but bit embarrassing when it happen with stranger. Kindly help me out in getting rid of this strange thing. Thanks.

Feb 24, 2009, 06:08 AM

Recently I have discovered that my mother too has started suffering with the same problem. Is it pssible that I have passed the electric current within my body on to her through touch? I am scared. This is seriously strange how can such kindof static electricity or whatever remain in a human body for such a long time? And let me tell you , this baloon and hair example that you have quoted is similar to the mild friction caused by certain nylon fabrics rubbing against you body during cold and dry weather. But this shock that I get is a bit more stronger than that and is only getting stronger day by day . Nowadays is getting a little painful for one whole minute or so after pulling mu hand away from the place or object where friction is caused. Anybody with similar experiences?
    sarasri Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 11:56 AM

Even I have the same experience with husband. Need an elaborate answer?
    msblubutterfly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 09:28 PM
    I have the same problem, but it is worse when I touch a condensed (or wet) glass...
    pkumar_007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 05:44 AM
    I Have the same problem facing when ever I am in office. Earlier, I thought this is due to some work pressure I am feeling like that. But don't know exactly what's happening...
    laxman_goud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 08:57 AM
    When I am talking with my girlfriend suddenly when I touch her fingers with some things like glass , cell phone etc I get sudden shock with her , when the shock got I remove my hand it will happened a lot of times I really facing a problem for this
    Solaris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 10:50 AM
    You all should be very pleased with yourselves, do not seek medical attention but spiritual guidance and you may likely find the answers you seek
    kitty6789 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2011, 11:36 PM
    I am also suffering from the same problem
    The above comment you mentioned "You all should be very pleased with yourselves, do not seek medical attention but spiritual guidance and you may likely find the answers you seek"
    What does this really mean? I attend prayers and I also go to temples and church... so how does this relate with the current shock passing through the body, and I can also sense a light passing over me...

When I touch water I can sense a shock and also when I touch a metal or another human..

Why is this happening to me? Should I consult a doctor... Is it bcs I am spending too many hours in front of my PC ?
    scolon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 01:37 PM
    Everything you say happens to me too. That's why I came up to this coments. I was looking for a reason or maybe better a solution to this problem because I'm afraid to touch anything or anyone and get that horrible sensation. It makes me mad that I want to slam it. Lol funny but true.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many arteries are in the human body? [ 10 Answers ]

How many arteries are in the human body?

Get electric shock when I touch kitchen cabinets [ 2 Answers ]

My kitchen is pretty old. Fluorescent lights are built into (underneath) each of the metal cabinets. Lately, and intermittently, I've noticed I get a shock when I either touch the counter beneath the cabinets or a cabinet door. This was not happening when I bought the place and moved in 3...

Electrolytes in the human body [ 1 Answers ]

What is the mechanisms, chemical reaction and structure of electrolytes in the body?

By passing control board on electric water heater [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if I can by pass the control board on my electric Whirpool hot water heater. I have a new C. B. coming Tuesday, but I would like a shower before then. I have the red,black and white wires coming in and there is a blue,orange and yellow going out of the control box to the...

View more questions Search