Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Moen Pressure Regulating shower valve
    I have a Moen Pressure Regulating Scaldguard single handle shower valve that reduces pressure way too much. I changed the shower head thinking that might help. Is there a way to disable the pressure regulating mechanism and scaldguard feature to get full pressure?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 3, 2009, 07:13 AM
    In all the shower heads sold nowadays they have a small neoprene washer with holes located just after the threads. This is a "water saver". Pry it out and you will have full volume. If the Europa is your shower head of choice, check first for the neoprene washer, toss it and rubadub under a full stream. I should have added that most any shower head will give you full stream once you remove the "water saver". So you now have a lot of choices. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply. TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen Shower valve pressure balancing spool [ 22 Answers ]

I just replaced the shower cartridge (1225) for my Moen Shower valve- 1982 vintage. I couln't completely shut off the water before. However, the water temperature fluctuates a great deal. I backflushed the valve with vinegar and CLR. Also, tried liquid wrench. I tried to remove the...

Moen tub/shower valve installation [ 3 Answers ]

We just had a contractor install a Moen valve in our bathroom remodel. It is a M-Pact common valve system and the model number is T2449pm. When I fill the bathtub with the bathtub spout water is dripping from the shower head. What are the possible reasons for this. I had one plumber come out...

No pressure Moen anti scald shower valve [ 9 Answers ]

I have a new house (lived in three years) and have a shower plus a combo tub/shower valvein another bath. These are Moen valves (probably antiscald).I see both have small in line stop ball valves. The problem, there isn't a lick of pressure comes out either valve for taking a shower. I've tried...

Moen shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water coming out of my shower valve but the sink next to it is red hot. Can you please help my wife is going to kill me She needs hot water Thanks armand

View more questions Search