Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calguy2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 11:52 PM
    Non blogical fathers signing birth certificate
    Hi, do not know if I am asking in the correct place but hope to get help. I have a friend who is an illegal immigrant who committed a huge mistake by signing a birth certificate to a little girl that is not his. His friend did not want to keep the baby and asked if he would be willing to keep it. He did this without the consent of his girlfreind of many years. They were planning on getting married but now everything is ruined for him. He says that he was thinking about the baby being left alone. I would like to help him. Is there a way to get his name off the bifth certificate without any major problems like deportation.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 05:34 AM

I am confused... he signed the B/C of a friend's child (making him the legal father) but his girlfriend didn't agree with it?

Why does he want his name removed from the birth certificate?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    I am confused... he signed the B/C of a friend's child (making him the legal father) but his girlfriend didnt agree with it?

Why does he want his name removed from the birth certificate?
    My guess is that child support kicked in.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    My guess is that child support kicked in.
    That was my initial thought, but if there was child support how would it be enforced since the father is an illegal?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 07:04 AM

Trouble, depends, any call to immigration to report him could cause trouble, a call to where he is working to report him can cause him to lose his job and so on.

He will have to file in court and either
    1.admit he committed fraud in signing a birth certificate he knew was not true
    2. or lie in court and say he though he was the father.

But he will need an attorney, get a dna test and go to court
    Calguy2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 08:50 AM

Thank you for all your responses. Child support didn't kick in. He just messed up and wants everything to be OK with his girl.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 08:55 AM

SO the girl isn't the mother? If there is no child support and not relationship, what is the girl's problem?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 10:20 AM

I am guess his new girlfriend is mad? That's just a guess.

Also, if he's concern about the child's well being then he can contact child services.

I must admit that I am confused by your original post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to put fathers name on birth certificate? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 6 months pregnant and getting a lot of hassel from my ex partner(babys dad) and his mother they treat me as if I'm stupid and say I have mental problems when I stick up for myself I have never said I would stop them seeing the baby when she comes along do I need to put his name on certificate

How do I add my fathers name to my birth certificate? [ 4 Answers ]

My mother never put my fathers name on my birth certificate. (nice one mom) I found him a couple of years ago and met him for the first time and it was great and blah blah blah and he's OK with me putting his name on it, but I have no idea where to start. What do I need to get from him to do this?...

Fathers name on birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get my name on my sons birth certificate with out the mother being present in cobb county ga?

Adding fathers name to birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone no if I can add fathers name to birth certificate if not originally on it

Fathers name on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Through DNA, my brother is the father of the child. At birth the mother did not put his name on the birth certificate because she did not know if he would step up and take responsibility. I'm proud to say, yes he has and doing an fantastic job. The child is now two years old and my brother was...

View more questions Search