Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raynarambo Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Smell and Smudge in a Front Loader
    I have a front load washer that I have had now for 3 years. I don't expect a washer to last forever, but the thing still runs beautiful. My question is how do you get rid of the smell? And now I have sludge that is getting on my clothes. Until about six months ago I didn't even know they made cleaners for them. I have ran bleach through it and baking soda, NO LUCK! Am I too late? Will I have to buy new? If someone can give me a cure to this I would appreciate it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 12:51 AM
    This stuff works prety good but you may have to do it 2 times if real dirty.

Affresh.com: Stop HE Washer Odor with affresh Washer Cleaner
    raynarambo Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 01:58 AM
    I have already tried it and it does not work. I purchased my front loader when they were just becoming a big item. So of course no one knew what kind of issues would arise. Right now I have filled my tub by pouring water down the detergant spot and added some bleach to let soak for a few hours. I also googled and found some powder named smellywasher, it seems to have great reviews so if this doesn't work I will give it a shot and let everyone know how it goes.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 10:25 AM
    I wish you luck. The Affresh works well on normal problems. Your machine might need to be taken apart to get to the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Front loader washer machine [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to fix a kenmore front loader machine. It is not draining or spinning out at this time. Does any one have any ideas on how to fix it. The model number is 41741042000. I gave up the protection agreentment and it is seven year old machine. So I like to fix it myself need help.

Kenmore front loader [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to wash, no water. All the lights come on ,I hear is a click but it won't start washing. The drum spin freely in both directions by hand. What could it be??

Frigidaire front loader [ 1 Answers ]

My basement recently flodded and I think it damaged the front loading washer I have. When I plugged it back in it seems to work, but the washer doesn't spin... it just fills with water and then nothing... no washing, no spinning.. no nothing! How can this be repaired ?:(

Frigidaire front loader not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

I've checked out the motor resistance and everything checks out to spec. except for the stator winding which reads 1.7 ohms instead of the specified .37 ohms. Any thoughts on this? The speed control board test was passing 120v until I got to the test for pin 3 of the 9 pin plug to pin 4 of the...

View more questions Search