Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1dazed1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 10:33 PM
    Maytag washer not moving through cycles in wash
    Our washing machine is about 12 years old. It's a Maytag. Ever since we bought it new, it will have times where it will continuesly drip drip drip water from the place where the water comes out to fill the basin. It will do it for a while after every load of laundry... and then suddenly it will stop and it won't drip for months.

That problem has always been there. We even had a repairman out to look at it years ago and he couldn't find the problem. Of course, it wouldn't drip while he was there...

The new problem is more severe - once we start the wash cycle it fills with water and then stops. It will not continue onto the next cycle - and actually wash the clothes. We can fiddle with the knob and get it to go - eventually - but not always to the cycle we wanted next. This continues throughout the rest of each load. It will run for awhile but when it gets to the next cycle it just stops.

I know I didn't do much good explaining this, but if any of you get what I'm talking about :) any help would be greatly appreciated! My hubby is much more versed at all this mechanical jazz & he'll know what you're talking about!

TIA
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 12:53 AM
    Sounds like yout timer is going bad.
    1dazed1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 01:59 PM

Okay, we'll take a look at that. Thanks for the info.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 07:28 PM

1dazed1- I agree with hvac1000, it sounds to me also that the timer is the guilty one;; Have a good day and GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Performa Washer only spins on 1 of three available cycles [ 8 Answers ]

We had our Maytag Performa Washer looked at and were told it needed a new timer to fix the spin cycle. It washes fine but doesn't spin on the normal cycle we use. I have to move it to the spin on the delicate cycle for it to spin out, then move it back to the rinse cycle to rinse, then move it...

Kenmore 70 Series wash machine cold water cycles stopped working today. [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore 70 Seriies Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus wash machine's cold water cycles stopped working today. The hot water cycle (only) works, but any cold water cycle does not work. The cold water line is open. What is likely wrong and how do I fix it?

Kenmore stack washer/dryer - washer makes noise during wash [ 2 Answers ]

My son has a Kenmore stack washer/dryer that makes a noise that sounds something like a gear when washing only. Could this be a transmission problem? Jay

Wash cycles timer operation! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi! My washer/dryer combo( Kenmore, mod.#417.99802990 won't wash in the regular nor permanent/press cycles, but washes fine in the delicate cycle! According to the parts list/illustration, the timer is the only component that seems to control this... So I'm thinking the contacts in...

MAYTAG top washer-Drum does not rotate in wash cycle [ 4 Answers ]

Maytag top loaded washer LAT 8608AAW. The belt going to large center pulley burnt and cracked so I replaced it. The other front belt is a little streached but seems OK. The washer does fill, spin, empty water etc OK.. But in the wash cycle it fills OK but the drum never rotates back and forth so...

View more questions Search