Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muledeerhunter1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Ford Power Stroke Diesel
    I have a 1995 Ford F-250 4X4 with the 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel. It has about 170,000 miles on it and is in great shape. However, a couple days ago I was driving it and suddenly there was no response to the accelerator even though it was still running. It only lasted less than a minute and then everything was normal again and it ran fine the remainder of the trip. Yesterday it did the same thing only a little worse then died. I was able to get it started again but it ran rough for a while and then smoothed out and was fine for the remainder of the day. Both times the engine was not fully warmed up when it occurred. It seemed as though it was not getting enough fuel. What do you think may be causing this to happen; fuel pump, turbo? I change the fuel filter every six months so I don't think that is the problem. Thanks
    Majoria Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 05:21 PM
    There is no mechanical linkage between the accelerator pedal and the throttle control so there may be a short in the reference voltage from the APP (accelerator pedal position) sensor. If that's the case and depending on a few ways it can fail, it could stall. These are just guesses without looking at it.
    rail1911 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2009, 05:34 PM
    If you live in a colder climate, diesel has a tendency to get thick when it gets cold and if it is really cold, the motor can die out. Once it warms up it will be fine. Just a thought

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Ford 7.3 Power Stroke Turbo- Diesel [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2003 7.3 power stroke turbo-diesel runs great however after driving the vehicle 5 to 15 minutes starts to bogg down looses all power as if, starving for fuel If let sit for 20 minutes will start up and run for another 15 minutes and stop again.Changed the fuel pump and have a full tank of...

Ford power stroke diesel engine [ 7 Answers ]

My 97 Ford f350 power stroke diesel quit on the way to work . The fuel filter was changed Then on the way home it quit again. After sitting for a little bit it started again. It will run good for about 15 minutes then shuts off. What could be wrong with it?

Ford Power Stroke Diesel Problems [ 27 Answers ]

I'm looking for a 3/4 ton pick-up and noticed there are a lot of Ford F-250's for sale that have the "Power Stroke" 6L diesel engine. A friend of mine told me to stay away from them because they have problems, but couldn't be more specific. Anybody know the history on these engines?:confused:

Why do I have oil on my 2000 Power Stroke Diesel air filter? [ 2 Answers ]

When I chang the air filter on my 2000 Ford F350 Power Stroke I have a lot of oil on the air intake side. Where would the oil be coming from?

99 F350 power stroke diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Engine goes dead when u turn wipers on. Have u got any idea??

View more questions Search