Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 01:39 AM

I get it.
    Everyone is not a sensitive.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 01:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodium View Post
    Well Artlady, i dont think people will ever understand what you say until you support it with whatever happened to you, or else it just doesnt make sense to them
    I have played with a ouija Board, and im not sure if it was working or not? because no one said they were moving it, and it did move, but i have doubts and i am not sure if any of my friends playing moved it.
    So I think this game is mostly just a game.
    nothing else really
    I started to tell my story but I'm not.
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Feb 16, 2009, 02:04 AM

Not saying you have to tell it,
    Im saying most people won't understand unless they do hear an actual story from someone who has had bad experience, otherwise, its just nonsense
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 02:57 AM

Bottom line.I'm not telling anybody anything. I know bad crap happened..
    I have a problem talking about this nasty oh yeah... the game
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 16, 2009, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    There are procedures to follow when calling up spirits and these are in place to protect the person from harm. Therefore, if these are not followed, then it is entirely dangerous to pursue the mechanization of a ouija board.

However, one can always put cards down A to Z and numbers l to 0 and use up side down water glasses as the vehicle.
    Where does one get a procedure handbook for calling up spirits? Can anyone do it? Even those that are heavily laden with logic, realism, and reason?
    Why would a board, or cards, or water glasses be a vehicle anymore than a pillow, a rock, or a basketball? What makes those things vehicles? And,how do you number something from 1 to zero? What are the mechanization of a ouija board? It is a cardboard with numbers and letters printed on paper that covers that board? How mechanical is that? I'm just still looking for solid answers and I keep getting fluff.

Earlier, someone ask me how to prove that it is NOT real. I stated that the burden of proof always lies on the person making the assertion. No proof has been offered.

I could say, Abe Lincoln just sat down and had coffee with me and expect people to "buy
    that " because I asserted it. It is totally no different than spirits appearing before you and causing terrible things to happen to you. Do they speak to you too? In English? Who do they sound like? It's just so unbelievable.
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Feb 16, 2009, 06:54 AM
    I know people who have had bad experiences but as it didn't happen to me personally and I wasn't in the room I can only assume they don't lie. BUT, why take the chance play scrabble instead :p Oh and when we had our confirmation at about 11-12 yrs old there were girls who did the ouiji board and weren't allowed to be confirmed for a further year and had to go to mass every day to make amends-the catholic church take everything seriously!

Feb 16, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekelsey View Post
    The luck was for you being able to see things in life a little less logical and perhaps you can find some magic in life. Life isn't as black and white as you seem to make it. Everything is an illusion and is perceived differently with every individual....

The Ouija board isn't something that I use. But have heard of others using it. Who are we to say that it doesn't work...just b/c it hasn't worked for you in the past (perhaps b/c you went into it with a closed mind) doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

There are many many areas where I apply gray, as opposed to black and white. People accuse me of being too gray about subjects all the time. I'm known for thinking outside the box, being open minded, being tolerant, all that stuff, REALLY.;) I know you are :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: rolling them by now, but that's okay. It doesn't bother me at all. One thing I am not accused of is being gullible. Tinkering with dead people over a cardboard square is a little too "out there" even for me. Maybe it does not work for me because I don't "have an open mind toward it". If people think it is dangerous, then I suggest you take my closed mind approach and the spirits will not even think of bothering you.

Feb 16, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgirl View Post
    I know people who have had bad experiences but as it didn't happen to me personally and I wasn't in the room I can only assume they don't lie. BUT, why take the chance play scrabble instead :p Oh and when we had our confirmation at about 11-12 yrs old there were girls who did the ouiji board and weren't allowed to be confirmed for a further year and had to go to mass every day to make amends-the catholic church take everything seriously!!
    Catholics, that's a whole new thread. What if they sat around a scrabble board and summomd the spirits? Is it the particular board you use that matters or what you say, believe, feel, or just play around with. Do you think those girls would have to wait a year, go to mass everyday, and make amends to the church if they sat around a camp fire and told ghost stories? So much nonsense.

Feb 16, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    YouTube - Ziggy Marley - Love Is My Religion

I sing this song all the time!!

Check it out!
    That is a nice song. I like it too.:)

Feb 16, 2009, 07:21 AM
    Cokyz Take a chillpill,I was only saying my experience with them, besides all them things you think you are you should also add defensive! Also I've never seen oxegen but I know it's there!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by salamander5 View Post
    are ouija boards safe?
    Hello sal:

Hell no. Not at all.

I was sitting with my date, the other night, pushing the thing around spelling out how much she secretly wanted to make love to me..

Then she hit me over the head with that damn ouija board.

excon

Feb 16, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Cokyz Take a chillpill,I was only saying my experience with them, besides all them things you think you are you should also add defensive!! Also I've never seen oxegen but I know its there!!
    Instead of defensive I think the word should be disgusted. I just can't seem to get over the fact that people actually put any store in these silly things. Like how you could even entertain that thought for a minute. I do need to chill out, let me try here. Huuuuummmm...
    I think my disgust is that STILL no one has given any thing concrete and even the writings I find on the net are just as shallow.

As far as oxygen, you can define it. You can see it when it's dirty as in smog, it has a chemical make-up, and the elements that make up air can be seen in different forms. You can certainly tell when it's not there. THEN you know the presence or absence of oxygen.

Feb 16, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Excon you make me laugh;)

Cozyk - OK that's your opinion and nobody can change it - until I send my old dead aunt to visit you tonight ooohhh - if your chatting to her by the way ask her what she did with the ring I liked we can't find it :(

You sound like your very dismissive of other peoples opinions though? Just cause you don't believe in something doesn't mean its not true. Also lots of people have had dealings with "the supernatural" and you saying that its basically a loads of cr@p is quite rude to people who have had these experiences
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Cozyk - ok thats your opinion and nobody can change it - until I send my old dead aunt to visit you tonight ooohhh - if your chatting to her by the way ask her what she did with the ring I liked we can't find it
    Am I to understand that you could use a Ouija board to summon your dead aunt and send her somewhere?

Feb 16, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Chill lax that's what you call sarcasm!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 09:42 AM
    O wf a cool ia!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 01:35 PM

I really don't mind that artlady doesn't want to divulge her paranormal experience, and I don't know why some people within this posting are having a problem with that.

I don't talk about some of mine, and they have been a few in the last 40 years. I have always known I am that way inclined, but when it happens it is entirely unexpected, a complete surprise and nothing has been unpleasant. I guess I just channel good spirits.

I don't know, whatever, who knows what it is, lapses in memory, remembering a dream but I think I have mentioned before that I had a wonderful experience right after my mom passed away She didn't speak to me for a few days before she passed, was always asking for me, not knowing I was there. Bothered me immensely after she had gone. Then I had a dream and everything was clear, a happy occurrence where there were no words spoken, just hugs. I woke up feeling released, no longer in limbo about how my mom felt.

There you go, the feeing remains after all this time. A visitation in a dream, the only way she could come back to me. Who knows. Paranormal experiences can happen in so many different ways. That experience didn't exactly make me a believer, but incidents still happen to me. Could be my scottish highland roots, a very superstitious people, very gaelic.

Tick

Feb 16, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Excon you make me laugh;)

Cozyk - ok thats your opinion and nobody can change it - until I send my old dead aunt to visit you tonight ooohhh - if your chatting to her by the way ask her what she did with the ring I liked we can't find it :(

You sound like your very dismissive of other peoples opinions tho? just cause you don't believe in something doesn't mean its not true. Also lots of people have had dealings with "the supernatural" and you saying that its basically a loads of cr@p is quite rude to people who have had these experiences
    I know, I do sound very rude don't I? I'm not usually this rude and I apologize but you hit the nail on the head. I do think it is a load of cr@p and I don't know how to convey that in a nice way. Plus, I haven't heard anything solid, so I can only continue believing that. Sorry:(

Feb 16, 2009, 04:43 PM
    I don't know, whatever, who knows what it is, lapses in memory, remembering a dream but I think I have mentioned before that I had a wonderful experience right after my mom passed away She didn't speak to me for a few days before she passed, was always asking for me, not knowing I was there. Bothered me immensely after she had gone. Then I had a dream and everything was clear, a happy occurrence where there were no words spoken, just hugs. I woke up feeling released, no longer in limbo about how my mom felt.
    I totally believe this about your mother. That makes perfect sense. Her energy never dies and it spoke to you in a private manner that was just between you two because of the love you have for each other. Being spooked by someone over a summons at a game with a board is just absurdity.

There you go, the feeing remains after all this time. A visitation in a dream, the only way she could come back to me. Who knows. Paranormal experiences can happen in so many different ways. That experience didn't exactly make me a believer, but incidents still happen to me. Could be my scottish highland roots, a very superstitious people, very gaelic.
    We are from a scottish background too, but so far, no super natural stuff going down.
    Tick[/QUOTE]
    Peacekelsey Posts: 33, Reputation: 6
    -

Feb 19, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    There are many many areas where I apply gray, as opposed to black and white. People accuse me of being too gray about subjects all the time. I'm known for thinking outside the box, being open minded, being tolerant, all that stuff, REALLY.;) I know you are :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: rolling them by now, but that's okay. It doesn't bother me at all. One thing I am not accused of is being gullible. Tinkering with dead people over a cardboard square is a little too "out there" even for me. Maybe it does not work for me because I don't "have an open mind toward it". If people think it is dangerous, then I suggest you take my closed mind approach and the spirits will not even think of bothering you.
    Lol.. just saw this. I think everyone is capable of talking to spirits if they wish. Not all, wish. You're extremely knowledgeable and I like that! Sometimes, you just have to accept things that can't be proved as true, if you don't wish to, that's entirely fine as well. But just because you don't believe in spirits or ouija boards doesn't mean they are reality to others. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ouija boards [ 34 Answers ]

Hi I have heard different stories on ouija boards my question is are ouija boards dangerous can you help me please

T safe Coil and thrush? T safe problems? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:I had c t safe coil fitted back in may. I have had thrush since, anyone evr had thise from the tsafe?? Please let me know of any other problems you have had with this device?? :confused:

Ouija boards and bad stuff [ 9 Answers ]

I've been doing casual research on ouija boards recently. Frankly, Im appalled by the controversy this stirs up. So my question goes out to all the people on these boards who have said ouija boards are no good... Do you have specific examples? Can you give a personal experience? It seems to...

Ouija board [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know the prayer for the ouija board can anyone help me?

View more questions Search