Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ellipse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Adobe Illustrator Pantone Colors, find specific
    Hi! :)
    If my client gives me a specific Pantone color (say, Pantone 122C) how can I find and use it in Adobe Illustrator without searching the entire set of golden color swatches? Thanks!
    -MM
    Resurrection DS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 12:54 PM
    It sounds like you know how to get to the Pantone library, but for the sake of other readers who may not know how to get there, I'll start by explaining that.

If you are using CS2 or later, go to Window>Swatch Libraries and then choose the appropriate Pantone library (for your example-122C-you need Pantone Process Coated).

This will open the entire Pantone library in a swatch window. In the upper right corner there is a triangle in a circle (it looks like a play button), click on that and it will open a flyout menu.

Select "Show Find Field". This will place a search bar just above the Pantone swatches.

Type in "122" or any other number you need and the correct swatch will be highlighted for you-click it and presto! You've got your customer's Pantone color!

This may work in versions earlier than CS2, but I'm not sure since I haven't used anything earlier than CS2 since high school.

I hope this was helpful! If you have further questions or need screen shots of the above mentioned actions, let me know and I'd be happy to help.

-Amanda
    Resurrection Design Studio
    Ellipse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 01:05 PM

Thanks Amanda at Resurrection DS!
    This is exactly what I needed - perfect!
    : )
    aneeshvannery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 04:49 AM
    Thanks
    nasiri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 03:58 AM
    Very helpful. Thanks dear Amanda. Here is my email: [email protected]
    I am novice graphics designer so I need your kind help.

Thanks
    Jamshed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe Illustrator Grid [ 2 Answers ]

I have an illustrator file with a triangular grid, that I am trying to change anchor points on so I can color each polygon of the grid a different color. Anchor points are currently only at ends of the lines. Need one at each intersection. Any suggestions?

Can't reinstall adobe illustrator [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, few weeks ago, my little brother accidentally deleted adobe illustrator's folder in program files.. all file were deleted and the folder is empty!. I try to reinstall using illustrator installer but but it say "The wizard was interrupted before Adobe Illustrator CS2 could be completely...

View more questions Search