Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Setting up a self storage facilities in Thailand
    Greeting to all...

This is my first time here thus I'd like to us you to bear with me about the questions that I am going to ask. Please allow me to tell you a little bit about my interest. I've come across a well recognized business model so commonly called "Self Storage" in USA. I'm quite into it at the moment and find it's extremely interesting. However, to implement this concept is "THAILAND" is going to be quite something since Thais do not know anything about it. Some who have been educated abroad may be familiar with the concept but for local residents here haven't heard about such thing. In Thailand, most Thai people do not move as often as American people. Says, they have to put some stuffs for a short period they would simply go to their mates for a favor. For business oriented type would not consider pay for extra rent though their offices are full of unused files, internal documents and old office appliances... They tend to either ignore or give away rather to pay for extra rent. Though they have other options like renting a house which probably cost less expensive comparing to renting from self-storage facilities. Some may wonder can this possibly be true... I can tell you right now that Thai property values aren't that expensive...

What I'd like to ask is that... Says if I go ahead with building a self storage facility in Thailand... What should I do about it? I mean... Must I educate the market buy telling them about why you need to store your stuffs in secured places like self storage facilities? Because it's much safer... though It's more expensive... or should I scrap this project out of my head all together since there are only a few facilities here... I don't know if they are successful or not... but naturally... Thais do not use this kind of facilities because they don't really know their need in term of storing...

Thanks...
    MisterJim444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Jack1212:

I am new to the Ask ME site and noticed your post from back in Feb '09. I am wondering if you got your self storage facility going in Thailand? I would be interested in how you are doing.

MisterJim444
    MYSTORAGE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2010, 09:38 PM

Dear Jack and Jim,

We are in the process of opening a Self Storage facility in Thailand. We hope that by offering a storage solution as our Self Storage will be received as a valuable compliment to local traditional methods of storing personal and business goods.
    For further information please see below.

MY STORAGE®, The State-Of-The-Art Self Storage facility opening on the 1 July 2010 at Jungceylon Shopping Center, Patong, Phuket, Thailand

StoreGuard Company Limited is pleased to announce the launch of MY STORAGE®, the first State-Of-The-Art Self Storage facility to open at a mixed-use development in Thailand.

MY STORAGE®
    MY STORAGE® is the Self Storage facility containing 450 individual storage units due to open on the 1st of July 2010 conveniently located with premium road side visibility at renowned Jungceylon Shopping Center, Patong, Phuket, Thailand.
    The facility have covered entrances, is well lit and provides safe, secure, flexible and cost effective Self Storage solutions for both individuals and businesses in and around Phuket.
    MY STORAGE offer clean and dry private self-contained fully enclosed individual storage units on a month-to-month rental basis where the customer is the only key holder with sole access to the unit.
    Customers can store almost anything with exception for living items, hazardous materials, unauthorized or illegal items, perishable goods, contaminated goods, cash or items of high value i.e. jewellery.
    Customers can choose from a wide range of unit sizes to suit their current needs, from small 1 m3 locker style units to large 25 m2 units.
    Customers can access their units free of charge anytime during our facilities generous opening hours 7 days a week.
    A limited number of 24 hours drive up units with direct access will be available allowing customers driving directly up to their units and unload belongings. MY STORAGE offer incredible flexible rental solution by which customers can choose move in whenever they want and stay for as short as 1 month, no need to sign any long term lease agreements. Customers can even increase or decrease the unit storage size according to their needs during the rental period.
    Customer can from the comforts of their home visit our easy to use informative web site in order to receive quotations, reserve a unit and even pay online or call our office to receive advice from one of our professional and friendly staff. Another option is of course to visit our facilities where our staff can assist in selecting a correct unit size for their belongings and reserve a unit with a reservation deposit.

A wide range of excellent quality moving & packaging material such as boxes, bubble wrap, packing tapes and highly secure padlocks are offered for sale at our office for the convenient of our customers. We can also assist arranging the move of your goods.

Kind Regards,

Robert Akerblom
    General Manager

MY STORAGE
    The State-Of–The-Art Self Storage
    Jungceylon Shopping Center
    181 Raj-U-Thid Road (200-Year-Road)
    Patong, Kathu
    Phuket 83150
    Thailand

T: +66 (0) 76 270 577
    F: +66 (0) 76 271 182
    M: +66 (0) 85 060 0033
    E: [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What business is needed in thailand. [ 1 Answers ]

HI I'm THINKING OF STARTING A BUSINESS IN Bangkok have anyone any ideas what is need or what would be a success. Best regard, Meady.

Setting up faxing facilities [ 20 Answers ]

Hi Folks, Could really do with some help here. I have a PC with built in dial up modem, which is not used or connected as far as I'm aware. I have an external broadband router which supplies my 2gb broadband connection. I want to set my computer up to send and receive faxes. To my...

Thailand [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know how many hours of air travel is involved from CA to Thailand? Thanks.;)

View more questions Search