Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cocoabe453 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Painter unknown.
    My grandmother has this old painting that she got from a friend by someone named D. MAN I thought I found a painter with the same name named l. d. man but I'm not sure trying to find the name and price of the painting it's a boat following another boat in the water going to a town and the other painting is the same but it's a big boat lifting a little boat. Thanks bye.

Email me@ [Edit]
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 01:53 AM

Hi, cocoabe453!

Would it be possible for you to post an image of the whole painting and also a close-up of the signature, please?

We don't guarantee results, but we can try!

I did need to remove your email address to protect your privacy. I would hate to see you get spammed because your email address was exposed.

Thanks!

Feb 6, 2009, 10:56 AM

Sure but how do I put pictures on here is there anyway you can give me your email so I can send you the pictures because I know how to send pictures in the emails but if not I can figure out how to put pictures on here

Feb 6, 2009, 11:45 AM

There you go some pictures click the links tosee the other pictures.
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2009, 11:37 PM
    Hi, cocoabe453!

When clicking on each of the links that you provided, the following error message was displayed.

You have attempted to view a Attachment that no longer is available. Please click one of the links in the menu to continue.
    I would suggest trying to repost them by clicking on the Answer This Question that's in the lower, left-hand corner. Then you click on the little paper clip that's near the middle of the top of the dialogue box.

Thanks!

Feb 8, 2009, 11:40 AM
    There I put some new pictures up with the paper clip attachments thanks for the help.
    Attached Images

Feb 14, 2009, 08:02 PM

There I put some more better pictures up
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 03:05 AM

Thanks for posting the better images, cocoabe453!

Do you suppose that it could also be O. Man?

Thanks!

Feb 15, 2009, 08:21 PM

I never thought about that that a good thery mabe it will be easyer to find it.
    carla418 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Hey there... I'm new to this as I just came across your discussion when looking to identify the same painter. I have an unframed oil in my possession with the same signature (d.man I thought)... and it is done in the identical style of the paintings displayed above... asian style boats. I know this is a long shot as this discussion took place over 3 years ago... but have you discovered anything about this painter at all. I've googled, and researched, and so far have come up with nothing, with the exception of this very discussion.
    PhilMeUp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carla418 View Post
    Hey there...I'm new to this as I just came across your discussion when looking to identify the same painter. I have an unframed oil in my possession with the same signature (d.man I thought)....and it is done in the identical style of the paintings displayed above...asian style boats. I know this is a long shot as this discussion took place over 3 years ago...but have you discovered anything about this painter at all. I've googled, and researched, and so far have come up with nothing, with the exception of this very discussion.
    I also have a D.MAN painting. I remember that it used to be at my grandparents' house in the late 1970s and it has been in my possession for the last few years.

It is a painting of some sort of southeast Asian alleyway.

To say that I have minimal interest in paintings is putting it mildly, but I like this one. Childhood memories - it is something that I remember from a long time ago. Both parents and all grandparents are now deceased.
    sandyjanko Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2013, 07:24 PM
    Hey,

Did you ever find any info about D.man?

We have a painting with the same signature.

Thanks
    Sandy
    sandyjanko Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2013, 07:27 PM
    Hey there...I'm new to this as I just came across your discussion when looking to identify the same painter. I have an unframed oil in my possession with the same signature (d.man I thought)....and it is done in the identical style of the paintings displayed above...asian style boats. I know this is a long shot as this discussion took place over 3 years ago...but have you discovered anything about this painter at all. I've googled, and researched, and so far have come up with nothing, with the exception of this very discussion.
    Did you ever find out about D. Man? I have a similar paiting with the same signature.
    henryfk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 10:59 AM
    Chinese commercial- Hong Kong scene
    Signature maybe invented name
    knowshwo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2013, 06:14 PM
    We have a picture by the same painter. Appears to be a street seen in a rainy oriental village. D. MAN. Is in the lower left corner also. Is yours or ours of any value?
    PhilMeUp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2013, 08:11 AM
    Photo of my painting, and the signature.

Looking at the other photos, he (she?) was active in the Hong Kong area for a while.

Chuters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Did anyone ever find any info? I'm looking at buying one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Identifying an oil painter with signature LMR [ 11 Answers ]

About 1975 I purchased a beautiful painting in a gallery/shop in NYC. It was signed with the initials LMR. I do not know who the artist is. I would like to identify the name of the artist, his works and the value of the painting. It is a painting of a blonde haired maiden sitting in a garden...

Painter / painting identification [ 3 Answers ]

I came across this painting in my Grandmothers cellar. It is oil, painted on heavy paper and then glued onto a stretched canvas. The canvas is of excellent quality fastened to the streccher with tacks on the side. The canvas and painting may not be the same age. There are initials at the...

Cartoon Movie about a Painter [ 2 Answers ]

I have been searching for this title since the movie was misplaced long ago but I cannot seem to remember the title of the movie and random searches have come up with nothing. The cartoon movie is based on this painter that ends up taking a nap under an enchanted tree that grants him the ability...

Painter of equine in late 1950's [ 1 Answers ]

I own a painting of the race horse "Sword Dancer" with willie schumacher on the animal.The year is 1959 the horse is #9 it won the belmont I believe that year.The artist is Andree' Moss (female). The painting is oil, she painted the horse Kelso,and many more. She painted the DuPont family horses...

Who was Mrs M Pereire/painter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a painting called "sunset at Killindini" On the back of the picture it said Hassanali Goolamhusein was the picture frame maker Main st Mombasa.Does any one know who she is and how old this painting could be?:confused:

View more questions Search