Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzyjene Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 12:02 PM
    Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
    It is suggested in Mark Trudeau's book to take a teaspoon of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil everyday for many health benefits. I know it is a saturated fat that I've always heard is NOT good to consume. My family physician has no information on this. Can anyone help me? Thank You!
    Shivangi Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 02:48 AM
    Coconut oil that is organic should be safe for consumption, it is used in a variety of coastal recipes in India as well as for massage. If you are still not sure get an allergy test taken or try it for a couple of days and be observant about any changes. If there are side effcets discontinue.
    trendybabe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjene
    It is suggested in Mark Trudeau's book to take a teaspoon of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil everyday for many health benefits. I know it is a saturated fat that I've always heard is NOT good to consume. My family physician has no information on this. Can anyone help me? Thank You!

Virgin Coconut Oil is also known as "Drugstore in a Bottle".

I know this brand of VCO, the Health 1st VCO that comes in soft gel capsules,
    Easy to swallow and no oily after taste.

Coconut oil has been used for centuries as a vital source of food for health and
    General well being in traditional communities of tropical regions. Recent research
    Verifies traditional beliefs that the coconut palm is “The Tree of Life” and that,just
    Like any other pure, whole food, coconuts and virgin coconut oil have a significant
    Role to play in a well balanced, nutritious diet. Abandoning unhealthy lifestyles and
    Reverting to natural foods can help to reverse many of the diseases that have
    Manifested in our bodies through the highly refined diet of our modern society.

Here are some of what VCO can do for you.

- Improve your energy
    - Reduce your risk of heart disease
    - Reduce your risk of cancer
    - Improve your digestion and ability to absorb nutrients
    - Promote weight loss and maintenance of your ideal weight
    - Help prevent bacterial, yeast, fungal, and viral infections
    - Support and enhance your immune system
    - Help regulate your blood sugar and prevent or control diabetes
    - Help prevent osteoporosis Help prevent premature aging and wrinkling of the skin
    - Help keep your skin smooth and soft
    - Help protect against skin cancer and blemishes

Hope I was able to shed shed some light.
    If you have any more questions, you can ask me. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question on structures in Organic Chemistry ! [ 2 Answers ]

3.52 mg of compound "A" reacts with red Phosphorous and Bromine to gine compound "B". Compound "B" on reaction with KCN fives "C" which on hydolysis gives "D". "D" is optically inactive. "D" on mild heating gives "E" & "F". "E" on further heating in presence of Soda Lime gived "F" & "G". Both "F"...

Organic Chemistry - Clemmensen reduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I REALLY REALLY need to know the mechanism for the Clemmensen Reduction of ketones/aldehydes using Zn(Hg) + HCl!? How do the electrons transfer to reduce ketones/aldehydes to alkanes? I have an exam soon! Your help will be much appreciated!

Coconut Haystacks [ 1 Answers ]

When I was at school (in UK) we made coconut haystacks and one of the ingredients was condensed milk, which made them lovely and moist. Does anyone have the recipe please?

I'm virgin too. [ 20 Answers ]

Hello evrbdy.Im 20 and virgin ,I hate this fact.probably the problem is that smtimes Im shy with girls .to kick away my shyness I've started to smoke hashish,do you think it will help me.if you have any better idea help me

Virgin coconut oil [ 1 Answers ]

I have just discovered the amazing health benefits of unrefined virgin coconut oil. It is recommended that you take 1 tablespoon twice a day. However, I am having difficulty taking it by itself. Does anyone know if you can put the oil in any type of juice, etc and take it that way?

View more questions Search