Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

Well, when I was looking for the same stuff, I came across this on Google's front page:

Buy from American owned Companys

Now, if THAT guy ain't a right winger, I dunno who is.

excon
    I just got chastised by NK for posting something from some blogger. Does this mean it's OK now?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Nah, the website that ex posted is truly horrible and amateur, reminiscent of web design circa 1994. :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 12:12 PM

The blogger has not thought the issue through . Creating trade barriers is bad business . Conservatives like business to prosper we don't like "beggar thy neighbor " policies
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I'm old, and I have a short memory.... But, I remember that not long ago, the idea to Buy American was a right wing idea....

excon
    You may be old, you may have a short memory, and you may be a liar, I don't know. I've been on the 'right' for a long time; the only place I've heard this BS is from union thugs; are they your type?
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 08:10 PM

Obama, leading the blind into oblivion: "'A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future,' Obama said in his prepared remarks. 02/04/09 Obama: Catastrophe coming if Congress doesn't act
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 4, 2009, 08:33 PM

Western Standard

Can't fail to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A CRISIS.

Remember this:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...ts-264967.html

How is Obama any different than Bush?

Mr president

Obama, be like Reagan - Los Angeles Times

Keep it optimistic at all times. As with FDR before him, Reagan arrived in Washington with an intuitive understanding that how Americans feel in their gut about the economy is more important than the cold numbers. "We're in control here," Reagan said in a televised speech on Feb. 18, 1981. "There's nothing wrong with America that together we can't fix." The public, weary of Carter's much-discussed "malaise," responded -- with a remarkable 77% in a poll that spring saying Reagan was "inspiring confidence in the White House." Today, the best thing that Obama can do to sell his massive economic stimulus plan that could approach a cost of $850 billion or more is to exude an aura of certainty that it will work.

G&P
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 06:06 PM

"The double-act of Dmitry Medvedev and Vladimir Putin has come up with a series of security initiatives that seem designed to provoke, or at least irritate, the new administration in Washington. Without even waiting to hear how President Barack Obama intends to conduct his relations with Moscow – something that Joe Biden, his vice-president, may well address on Saturday at the annual Munich Security Conference – the Russian leaders have thrown down the gauntlet."
    ... “But there is an overwhelming view in Moscow now that the Americans are in decline and will be forced to negotiate with Russia from a position of weakness. They seem to expect all the concessions to come from Obama. It is very unrealistic.”
    FT.com / Europe - Russia rattles sabres in Obama's direction
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 04:12 AM

Joe Biden ? I really hope Obama has the good sense to send someone else out there to be his point man with the Ruskies .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2009, 05:11 AM
    Poll shows Obama atop list of most respected

President Barack Obama has catapulted past the Dalai Lama as the most respected world leader among West Europeans and Americans, according to a poll released Friday.
    His ratings contrast sharply with those of his predecessor, George W. Bush, whose Republican Party was routed in the U.S. elections in November. Earlier results indicated that Bush was considered powerful but was not respected. The new survey shows Obama as the No. 1 world leader on both fronts.
    verbattered52 Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

Feb 7, 2009, 09:11 AM
    I do not believe so. I believe Obama is committed to this country and to peace. He will do everything in his power to keep us out of a war, unless the United States is threatened or hit again by extremists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the Democrats tell the truth? [ 109 Answers ]

The Obama campaign is painting Clinton as a serial exaggerator after her Bosnian Sniper incident, helping bring peace to Northern Ireland, how she was instrumental in passing SCHIP and the Family and Medical Leave Act - while Obama is still trying to change the subject after his reversal on whether...

When Democrats attack [ 12 Answers ]

Forget the Obama/Hillary question for a moment, the DNC has been attacking John McCain for some time now. For weeks now Howard Dean has been warning of McCain, "he's promising nothing more than a third Bush term." Now after the NY Times implied McCain had an affair with a lobbyist (they've now...

Democrats choosing between Hillary and Obama: [ 15 Answers ]

Dennis Miller, comedian, and more recently known for his political commentary and satire, has a valid point: Why would Democrats that want change, vote for Hillary? We already know about a Clinton ran White House via Bill's presidency. Nothing new there. Even more so why would the black segment of...

Democrats coming to the rescue [ 3 Answers ]

Whatever happened to the idea that when all the Democrats took office that they were going to change everything instantly, "well hello, gas is surging in price groceries and other staples are also skyrocketing so where is that instant relief they promised us . Why would we think it will get any...

How thick is the lead in a lead joint [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting ready to take the Indiana pluming test and I was wanting to know how thick the lead Is suppose to be in the hub of the cast iron.

View more questions Search