Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnReidy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 08:36 AM
    What company holds my vested pension?
    I worked for National Westminster Bank U.S.A. from 1984 to 1990 and I believe I am entitled to a vested pension from them but I believe that they were taken over by another bank after I left. I would like to know how to find information on my vested pension.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 10:32 AM

If you have a vested pension balance you should be rceiving at least annual reports from your former employer. Have you been receiving any such reports in the past 18 years? Ou might try doing a search through the Pension Benefit Guarranty Corp - see:
    https://search.pbgc.gov/mp/mp.aspx

Also see the document "Finding a Lost Pension" here:
    PBGC Publications (PBGC.gov)
    jimbojet Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 05:25 PM
    Bronx uniforms Inc.

Sep 7, 2010, 05:26 PM
    Comment on jimbojet's post
    Yes, but they no longer exsit

Sep 7, 2010, 05:30 PM
    Comment on jimbojet's post
    Is anyone there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company refused pension after severed from company [ 2 Answers ]

I was employed by a top food manufactuing company from July 23,2003 to June 30,2008. The company offered a severance package to me that included severance pay, health benefits etc. I was one month shy of hitting the 5 year mark for getting vested in my pension. I was told that they could not...

401 or state pension 25 year pension [ 1 Answers ]

I always wonder if I had a 401k insteed of a state pension. The period is from: 1969-1994. I received $1,000 a month for life. Have already received $192,600 But what about other scenario. 401K investment plan during the same period. Would it be better, the same, or worst?? ...

401k Vested or Not Vested [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for my previous employer for a few years making regular contributions to my 401k with a small match from my employer. Now my employer has sold the business. I am told that I need to roll the money from my 401k into a IRA but I can only roll over the money that I am vested. Since I did not...

Finding the company that holds my pension [ 1 Answers ]

I worked at Security Trust Co, Rochester, NY for 19 yrs. In that time it went from being Security Trust to Norstar Bank to Fleet Bank/Norstar to Fleet Financial Group, and now is Bank of America. I terminated my employment 10/2/87 and I have in my possession a letter dated 11/24/87 from norstar...

View more questions Search