Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

Feb 2, 2009, 07:50 AM
    I cant stop feeling sick!
    Whenever I eat something, within the first few bites I feel as if I'm going to up chuck at any given moment.
    It's not every time, but its often enough! I tried to eat a chicken wrap (I love chicken) for lunch the other day, I took one bite and nearly lost my breakfast as soon as I swallowed, today, I had to throw away my breakfast because it was making me ill.
    This has never happened before!
    It started earlier this week, I felt extremely ill in the morning for two or three days, and then in the evening until Saturday, that's when it started at random, sometimes it would last all day, others it would only last a few moments.
    I don't have a fever or anything its just a sickly feeling, and it's not giving any sign of stopping any time soon!
    What is this? I've never had it before and its stopping me eating full meals and snacks. :(
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Feb 2, 2009, 07:56 AM

Get to a doctor but more important, and your family physician should refer you once he rules out a host of other things, to an allergist/allergy doctor. You will be put through a series of tests but it doesn't hurt. Chicken happens to be a huge allergen and that was the first food you mentioned. I'm sure the doctor will rule out poisoning especially with chicken. That is why you need to go to a doc soon. Once it is ruled out, there are many other things the allergist will test you for after he does the intake. In the meantime, make and keep a log for what you're trying to eat. You could even have food sensitivites as opposed to allergies. There is a difference. But you could have both. Just food for thought but get to a doc asap! You've been sick a few days too long. I do hope you are OK. Get to your doctor and report back. Feel better.

Feb 2, 2009, 07:59 AM

But I've never been allergic to chicken, and this morning it was just toast eggs and beans! (though I don't like beans much I felt like having them) its ludicrous!
    My mam probably won't take me to the doctors. I used to be a faker when I was little, I';d say I felt sick almost everyday, so now, even though I've stopped, she won't believe me when it's true :(

Feb 2, 2009, 08:05 AM

Yikes. I see. Ok, but do tell her please if it gets worse or even keeps up. Your health's important Princess. Start that log just in case.

Feb 2, 2009, 08:07 AM
    I have started it now! :)

I think toast is what makes me ill most, I have it in the morning for school, and sometimes in the evening... but I'll keep doing this log thing.

I don't want to be allergic to chicken :( hehe

Feb 2, 2009, 08:18 AM

Wheat is yet another popular allergen. Keep listing... you never know.

Feb 2, 2009, 08:22 AM

Awsh :(

Well I've never liked beans but they've never made me sick before... eggs?
    It might be eggs as well, there was mayo in the wrap I had, as soon as I tasted that I couldn't eat anymore, it took all my will to swallow

Feb 2, 2009, 02:17 PM

I told my mam, she said to take a travel sickness tablet because it will settle my stomach. Will that work?
    (she didn't actually care much)

Feb 3, 2009, 12:01 AM

Hello Princess. Eggs are yet another allergen. The travel sickness tablet, and I just can't think of the name of it right now, may settle your stomach but it will only mask the problem. You want to get to the source of the problem. Again, I'm not an expert, well maybe with food allergies since I'm allergic to just about everything, but I'm not saying you have food allergies for sure. I'm saying I think you're mom should get you to a doctor asap. Hopefully, you just have a food "sensitivity" but from the foods you've named so far, they are all popular food allergens and there are various symptoms for each. Are you having any other symptom besides stomache upset??
    I don't want to come to somehow find out that you went into anaphylactic shock. I don't want to scare you Princess but it is serious. Are you okay with peanut butter? PLEASE, if you have not eaten it in a while, just have a SMALL amount and see how you feel. HAVE SOMEONE NEAR YOU. I'm worried because your mom has not taken you to a doctor yet and I don't want anything to happen to you.

Feb 3, 2009, 03:36 AM

Hm, I'll go have some now, although the thought of its making me feel a bit ill.
    I had special K this morning I couldn't make it through the bowl :(
    I have a sore throat, but that's all, it feels like something is stuck there and won't go away >=[
    What's an anaphylactic shock?

Feb 3, 2009, 03:44 AM

I had a teaspoon of peanut butter! It tasted bitter and weird.
    I feel as sick as I did before I ate it so I think that's fine. I tried some Nutella too, that wasn't nice at all :(

Feb 3, 2009, 01:18 PM

Hiya Princess. Little darlin', can you please get to a doctor? I'll have to come and get you myself. Just kidding there.

Well you had milk in that cereal I'm sure. People who are affected have more of a sensitivity or intolerance to milk-lactose intolerant. It sounds like you could possibly have an allergy to dairy and possibly chicken but I am not a DR. It could really be a number of things but you should get to a Doctor asap. Can you ask mom to take you? Does she know you're still feeling sick? Forget about covering the symptoms. You need to know the source or what is actually causing the symptoms and causing you to feel this way. PLEASE don't just go and try peanut butter or peanuts without someone near you. Anaphylactic shock is a (near) death experience in which a person can die if they are not rushed, and I mean rushed, to a hospital. People with such a severe allergy as peanuts, shellfish or even bee stings can have this reaction. You swell up very very badly including your tongue, your throat closes on you. If you're lucky, which is very rare, you will break out in a severe rash of red swollen hives first. In this case an epi-pen (epinephrine) is used to "shoot" yourself, usually in the thigh and take benedryl immediately. This will only buy you time to get to that hospital or before paramedics arrive. I took 5 benedryl at one time once not realizing I was saving my own life. (Didn't have epi-pen yet) I didn't know what was happening. I just remained as calm as possible and finally drove to the ER. Just as I made it into the emergency room, I passed out. My BP was extremely low and they (and I) thought it was "curtains" for me. In other words, death. So please don't play around with this. As I've said, it could very well NOT be food allergies. How are you with chocolate? Keep that log for when you do go to the doctor which will be today RIGHT?? Please tell mom. Can you tell me what other symptoms you are having or is it stomache upset only?

Feb 3, 2009, 01:50 PM

Well, the left (your right) side of my face is warmer than the other and like I said I had a sore throat, but that's all along with my stomach.
    I tried a tiny bit of peanut butter in the kitchen and then went into the living room with it and had a teaspoon, it was awful, and I asked my brother if it tasted odd but he said it was lovely.
    Chocolate is fine as far as I know, but I try to avoid it because I have sensetive teeth.
    Oh! A few months ago I used to drink half a pint of milk every day (1/4 pint in the morning, and then again in the afternoon) but after about two months I started getting horrible heart burn, so I drank more, but it got worse and worse, feeling like my insides were being dissolved and eaten. I stopped drinking milk by itself and felt fine after that...

Feb 3, 2009, 01:52 PM
    I just ate a pear and my stomach hurts :( along with the sickly feeling...

Feb 3, 2009, 02:22 PM

You started getting horrible heartburn so you drank more?? You're killing me! I am laughing but not at you. Now why would you go and drink more? To coat your stomach with what may have caused the problem? You're really killing me here.

Anyway, the peanut butter wouldn't necessarily taste any different. You would just have a reaction to it. Now with fruit? Another whole set of food allergens. They are right there in the categories of all or most common food allergens. WHEN YOU SEE AN ALLERGIST, (and you will right?), he/she will do the intake as I've said. Believe me they will know what to test you for and I believe in your case they will test for a whole slew of things. Citric acid? I don't know if you want to bother reading labels but if you happen to notice you are sensitive or feel sick with tomatoes(fruit) for example, it's possible that you will have a sensitivity or an allergy to citric acid as well. How are you with apples, peaches, etc. This could also be a cross-reaction to things such as the trees they grow on. Let the Dr. tell you if you have a stomach bug, virus, or other as I am in no way certain that you have food allergies, sensitivities or intolerances but it just sounds like it. Any other symptoms besides feeling just overall "sicky"? How's about some dry toast in the meantime maaaaaybe with a little honey. No butter. But you do have to get adequate nutrition still. Sounds like you're not holding anything down or it's affecting you too much to eat at all. Aaaaand, did you talk to mom yet to let her know you're still feeling bad?

Feb 3, 2009, 02:37 PM

Ah well mam won't listen. I tell her but she doesn't care, she thinks its just a little bug.
    And I used to think Milk would stop heartburn, like anti-acid...
    Im fine with cucumbers and saladcream =]
    Im holding down my food fine, I stop eating it when I start to feel sick and don't eat anything else until a few hours later.
    Im not having any other symptoms (that I'm aware of) other than an itchy nose xD but that's about it.
    I don't use butter, I use flora :) and I dislike honey a lot.
    We only have pears and these really sour oranges, I seemed to be okay with those, but because they were really acidy I'm used to anything my stomach does, so I can't really tell if they did anything.

Feb 3, 2009, 02:43 PM

Okay then. Just keep your log of what you're eating just in case and I do hope it goes away soon. You sound like you have a strong stomach Princess. Please be well and report back. If things continue or get worse and mom still won't listen, can you see the school nurse or go on your own to the doctor? I think mom will take you to the doctor if she sees that you've been sick for a while and it's not subsiding. FEEL BETTER!

Feb 3, 2009, 02:49 PM

I will work on that! :)

I'll talk to my teacher about it... or maybe I'll fake it (fake acctually being sick) at school and that might convince mam to take me to the doctors.
    OR!
    See Grandma ;) she'll force mam to take me hehe

Feb 3, 2009, 03:22 PM

There you go! Grandma won't let you down. Not that mom doesn't care now.
    dazholt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 01:42 AM
    I keep feeling sick every time I get spun round. Can any one help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling sick- what have I got? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I am going up to the city with my best friend tomorrow, but I'm not feeling so hot. I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what I have and maybe give me some suggestions on how to get better, faster? See, I'm almost never sick (one cold, in three years), and I'm not...

Feeling like I am going to be sick regularly [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am 13. I am regularly feeling sick (mostly in the evenings and in the morning) I haven't been sick to date but I always think that I am about to vomit, does anyone have any ideas why I'm feeling like this? The sick feeling normally lasts for a couple of hours and it often wakes me up....

Feeling sick [ 16 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have recently started having unprotected sex, and now I feel sick sometimes. I have always had a touchy stomach, but it seems to be happening more often recently. I have never actually thrown up when this feeling occurs, and I get my period regularly. Is this something to worry...

Feeling sick with no orgasm [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 18 and I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now. God knows I love him with all of my heart and I definitely put everything into out relationship, and he is the same way. He is always concerned about me mentally and physically. There is one glitch in our relationship, we have just...

View more questions Search