Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheryl1259 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 06:30 AM
    Medical Coding
    What does the PX and the DX mean? Is the DX principle diagnosis and PX procedure coding?::confused:
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 6, 2009, 01:58 PM

Assuming you mean standard American abbreviations for medical codes:

Dx = diagnosis
    Px = prognosis

They essentially mean the same thing, but usually prognosis is a presumed diagnosis before it is finalized. Dx is final.
    cheryl659 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
    Px may also stand for Procedure...
    cheryl659 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 12:48 PM
    You may see PDX for Principal Diagnosis which is the main reason the patient came in for their visit/treatment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Color coding on line does not match jack color coding [ 11 Answers ]

The line going into the old phone jack has orange, green, blue and 3 white wires in it. Bought a new jack at Radio Shack and the colors of the wires in the replacement jack are red, green, black and yellow. Verizon repair was at best, snotty in telling me "we cannot tell you how to do repairs...

PCL coding for printer [ 7 Answers ]

Yes, I am asking a seriously techie question as I'm stuck. Right then. This is for printers from our ERP system, QAD's MFG Pro EB2.1 on Progress 10. I'm trying to recode or printers to scale print jobs on to A4 paper. Now I have found the coding for the paper, but cannot work out how to get...

Listview coding [ 2 Answers ]

What code should I write so that.. if I click on any particular item on listview its corresponding contents from database :confused: are displayed in another listview

Medical Billing/ Coding [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to become a medical biller/coder and work from my home. I am getting my associate's degree in healthcare administration right now as a starting point. I know that I need to get certified, but I do not know how I would go about doing that. How would I get my certification and is there...

View more questions Search