Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    01z71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Sears LT2000 Transmission Problem
    I have a Sears LT 2000 17HP Kohler Engine & the manual 6 Speed Trans. SHifter.

I had to stand the mower up to put a new tie rod on one of the front tires and after that no matter what gear you put it in it is like it is in neutral.

I lifted it again and tried looking to see if something slipped ot fell off but everything seems to be in place.

When started you can move the gear selector but again it does not move it's the same as being in neutral.

Any Suggestions?

PS -- This looks like a great site with lots of useful info. THanks!
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2006, 07:05 PM
    SO the belt was still on the engine pulley and the trans? That's indeed weird.. any possibility of oil getting on the belt maybe? Don't know why you'd flip it up on its rear to change a tie rod (since you could have just lifted the front end off the ground)
    01z71 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Yeah, the drive belt is still on the pulley. I guess I am going to take it in to the shop to get it looked at. I had some friends who lifted it and then just went all the way up with it. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem vs Sears Miser 12 [ 1 Answers ]

If I had to choose between this and a Rheem equivalent.. what cost would the Rheem be?is this a decent water heater? http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=APPL&pid=04232144000&tab=spe#tab

Transmission Problem Ford Explorer Sport [ 3 Answers ]

My 97 explorer sport does not shift into overdrive. What is the problem?

Dodge Spirit Transmission --shifting problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1995 Dodge Spirit. After a hard acceleration, the transmission doesn't shift properly. For example it will only shift into 3rd at about 90 km/h (~60 mph). The shift from 1st to 2nd also occurs at much higher than normal speed. Turning the car off and letting it sit for a...

88 Ford Taurus Transmission Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Have 88 Ford Taurus with auto xmission. Xmission will go in reverse fine, but will not engage into drive unless the vehicle is going at or over 15 mph. Fluid level checks out fine. Any advice would be appreciated. evaneric2

Transmission shifting problem [ 2 Answers ]

:-/I have a 93 nissan sentra auto xsmn. Suddenly it won't shift out of the low (first) gear. Otherwise, the xsmn works fine. No strange noises and the fluid is OK. I'm wondering if a sensor would cause this? One mechanic said a xsmn replacement would be necessary! Sounds like overkill to me! ...

View more questions Search