Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bacabar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Is this a hipaa violation
    I work for an office that has patient files on desks and the hipaa sign in sheets out for anyone to see. The doctor doesn't seem to think this is a problem and when I bring it to her attention she bites my head off. This is very upsetting to me, am I wrong?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 08:54 PM

I have never been in a doctors office where there was not a sign in sheet on the counter,

Are the records open, can you see what is in the files

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hipaa violation? [ 1 Answers ]

I had an emergency c-section, where I lost my child. My boss(person A) shared with his/ser spouse(person B) that I had the emergency c-section (baby had not passed yet). The spouse(person B) later that day had a meeting with someone(person C) that use to work at the same company as I did. That...

HIPAA Violation? [ 3 Answers ]

My (former) dentist overcharged my credit card for a crown. The VISA department of my bank sent the dentist a 'chargeback inquiry' to determine if my claim was valid. In response, the dentist faxed my bank a "Family History Listing" which in addition to my payment history (which seems...

Possible HIPAA violation? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Hope someone can help me determine whether this is a HIPAA violation or not. I was treated in a specialty clinic recently. At the time of checkout I had forgotten to bring money with me for the co-pay. Two other patients were waiting behind me and heard the finance person lecture me...

Hipaa Violation [ 3 Answers ]

I believe my Hipaa rights have been violated. I have sleep apnea and I recently had a sleep study done as usual follow-up for my condition. The other day in the mail I received a letter from a dentist who was soliciting for business for a dental appliance for people with sleep apnea. In this letter...

HIPAA Violation? [ 7 Answers ]

My Mom works for a home health agency. When she did home visits, she became good friends with one of her patients and his wife. She now does chart review in the office. While reviewing charts, she saw a note in "Bob's" chart that his caretaker (wife) had unexpectedly died. She is also friends with...

View more questions Search