Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Organic Guru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 06:33 AM
    The Little Known Vitamin P
    There appears to be an aesthetic treatment for facial spider veins that is starting to get noticed. It’s a cream containing the little known Vitamin P. Now, Vitamin P is part of Vitamin C Complex that includes things like rutin and citrus bioflavonoids. If you’re still interested, then keep reading. I did a lot of research.

I found this article that said in 1937, Dr. Albert Szent-Gyrogyo from Hungary won the Nobel Prize in Medicine for isolating Vitamin C. In the course of doing this he discovered and dubbed the bioflavonoid substances Vitamin P for permeability. His discovery uncovered that it had particularly beneficial effects on capillary strength and stability, and may also protect these blood vessels.

I have found one good product by Reviva Labs called “Vitamin P Day Cream. I’m pretty much stuck on this company. It has helped lessen the redness that I seen from those with Rosacca, decongest clogged capillaries (for the spider veins), and has made her skin tighter.

I found “Vitamin P Day Cream” at Whole Foods, but I think that you can find it at most health food and vitamin stores.

Has anyone else tried it? Or can anyone tell me more?
    princetongirl818 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 07:09 AM
    Does that mean it would like help dark circles?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 9, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Spider veins are the unsightly red or purple sunburst or web patterns made by the smallest veins on your legs and face, sometimes called broken veins or capillaries. Heredity, pregnancy and hormonal changes play a role in their appearance.

Bioflavonoids are not actually vitamins, although they are sometimes referred to as vitamin P. Vitamin P is a water soluble vitamin. It has a crystalline structure and yet it takes on the characteristics of a Bioflavonoid. Vitamin P, bioflavanoids are also required by the body to aid in resistance to infection and to prevent oxidation of vitamin C within the body. Vitamin P includes a number of components that work together—citrin, hesperidin, rutin, flavones, flavonals, and catechin. It may also be active in preserving the structures of capillaries and promote circulation. Products that contains vitamin P can help improve the appearance of spider veins, however, they will not get rid of the spider veins.

Lasers provide a safe and effective method for eliminating facial spider veins. A laser generating an intense beam of light is directed at the targeted vein using a special laser hand-piece. The energy emitted by the laser is absorbed by the blood vessel, but not by the surrounding tissue. The heat generated by the laser causes coagulation of the blood vessel, which is destroyed and is gradually reabsorbed by the body. Sclerotherapy is the injection of small amounts of a special solution directly into unwanted veins. This begins a process whereby the treated veins collapse, and are later reabsorbed by the bodies natural healing process. It is a brief office procedure which requires no anaesthesia. It is always important to make sure you gather lots of information about these procedures and seek professional advice before deciding what is good for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do any know of a good vitamin for.. I need help [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone use Andrew Lessman Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails?. If so can you please let me know what it does and does it work?. Or do you know of any good vitamins and or supplements that is good for the hair,nail and or skin?. my hair has been dropping very badly and my hair is becoming thiner?....

Vitamin C [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Any one know if Vitamin C alone lightens the skin?. if yes when the results can be seen? And what about the dosage? Remmember to reply:) *thanx*

Vitamin E [ 2 Answers ]

Does vitamin E (straight from a capsule) or aloe vera (straight from the plant) help in healing a burn and reduce scaring?

Prenatal vitamin [ 2 Answers ]

In two weeks, my pregnant wife has her first doctor appointment. In the meantime, can anyone recommend a good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin with a sufficient amount of folic acid, iron, vitamin B6, etc. Thanks.

Too much vitamin c? [ 2 Answers ]

is 4000mg vitamin c too much. I take 1000mg glutathione 2x and 4000mg vitamin c with rosehips 2x so that'd be 2000mg glutathione and 8000mg vitamin c.. Is that too much vitamin c in a day? I want the process to go faster so I was just curious :confused:

View more questions Search