Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JTS31708 Posts: 128, Reputation: 9

Jan 6, 2010, 11:22 PM

Hey everyone its been a while since I've been on lol. I have been busy with school and everything. So everything has been fine up until she sent me a text basically arguing why we can't be friends. I couldn't take it anymore and just told her that she made her decision and what's done is done. I learned that she was really never herself. She was always a party girl and liked to drink and smoke etc. But she said she was changing for me, and that I was supposedly " too perfect of a guy" for her and she didn't want to feel like this was it and be tied up or feel "married". So she basically is going back to her old ways from what she told me, drinking partying, smoking, and other sh.. t that I really didn't want to here. When she told me all of this I felt used and put down even worse! She said I'm not ready to be tied up now but maybe in the future something might happen.. I just told her to not even bother I just told her to forget about me forget everything I've ever told her. I can't believe after all this time it has finally been let out from her. It sucks that I had high expectations for her seeing how she was the perfect girl in my eyes, but now I know it most of it was never real and that's what probably hurt me the most..

But anyway how was everyone's holiday and new year?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 11:40 PM
    It's painful having to let go of our illusions and dreams and sometimes we don't see the real person because we are busy chasing our dream.
    Stick to complete NC now-get on with your life and leave the ex in the past.
    Happy 2010!
    westy08 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2010, 11:42 PM

To be honest JTS find that job that you really need... keep her in mind though it sounds like she is still interested in you but right now with no job you have no future... show her that you can be a successful man and can provide and I bet she will take you right back. Good luck Dude

Jan 6, 2010, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by westy08 View Post
    to be honest JTS find that job that you really need... keep her in mind though it sounds like she is still interested in you but right now with no job you have no future... show her that you can be a succesful man and can provide and i bet she will take you right back. Good luck Dude

I do have a job lol its been almost a year since we have been broken up. What I just posted was recently about a week or so ago. And I have no hope's nor intentions on getting back with her after how I felt and heard what she told me.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2010, 07:17 AM

Don't keep her in your mind, that's what broken men do. Forge ahead and work on bigger and better things. Attain your goals with out her influence bringing you down.

That's what you do!

Jan 7, 2010, 11:05 PM

That's exactly what I plan on doing... I just hate how after all this time the truth finally came out and it all just came to me and hit me hard. But now I'm working on starting over and putting it all behind me.

Thanks to everyone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend is confused and needs space but does not want to break up.I'm lost [ 13 Answers ]

Ok gang, so it was NYE and my girlfriend came over upset about the tanning salon being closed and got more upset by the fact that my friends bailed to go to the bars instead of the party we were going to. My gf's best friend was also driving up for the party and my girlfriend says she either wanted...

Girlfriend wants a break, and I'm so lost [ 2 Answers ]

Here's some background information: My girlfriend and I are both 19, and have been together for two years, since the beginning of senior year in high school. We became "best friends" through playing music together before we actually started dating, we had a lot in common, and things have been...

Confused and lost [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: my mom meet a guy and well they are going to be getting married. So we moved to his place which I am not use the surroundings at all,new to me and I can't stand it. It had been a month and I decide I can't take it a anymore! I talk to my dad and he said that if I want to move with him I...

Lost and confused [ 11 Answers ]

Hi well I am 19 and have just split up from a 19 month relationship and I have had conflicting advice about what to do, I still love her and I don't know how she feels as she won't tell me can anyone give me advice on what to do please thank you if you can. Mat

View more questions Search