Ask
    Allahyar Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Effect of smoking on kidney
    What is the effect of smoking on kidneys
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 06:48 AM

Several years ago, scientists discovered that smoking worsens kidney damage in people who have medical problems that affect the kidneys -- such as diabetes or high blood pressure. Recently, scientists have also learned that men who smoke have poorer kidney function than nonsmoking men -- even if they have nothing else wrong with them. (Scientists have not found such a relationship in women -- at least, not yet.) Smoking may damage the kidneys by causing brief increases in blood pressure each time a person smokes a cigarette.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney stones [ 16 Answers ]

My friend has kindney stones,can anyone help me with a treatment for them?

1 kidney and counting. [ 1 Answers ]

I donated a kidney to my son in 96.. due to a misdiagnosis... that kidney was destoyed and he has been back on dialysis since 99... medicaid took care of all of the transplant expense... but after 6 days... my "coverage" was over... I have no health insurance and have not been tested to see if my...

Is this pain a kidney infection, my appendix or a side effect from Cipro [ 1 Answers ]

I get frequent kidney infections; at least 3 or 4 year and always on the same side: the right. I started Cipro this morning because of a UTI. I knew it was going to turn into a kidney infection if I didn't. Now I have a digging, throbbing pain on my left side. It almost feels like the kidney...

How does burning fossil fuels effect the greenhouse effect [ 1 Answers ]

I was just wondering how all this works ?

Total effect + income effect = Substitution effect? [ 1 Answers ]

In intermediate economics we are told that Total Effect = Income effect + Substitution effect but in advance level this relation is changed to Total effect+income effect = substitution effect why is that? Please explain with logic

View more questions Search