Ask
    Allahyar Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Difference between lymph and plasma
    Tell me the differences between lymph and plasma
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 06:52 AM

Lymph is basically blood plasma without the blood cells, the fluid that is forced out of capillaries to bathe and nourish cells. The part of it that does not return to the blood vessels is picked up by lymph vessels and eventually returned to the blood.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 05:54 PM

Tickle, this is not quite right. Lymph and blood both have a liquid part and cell part. The liquid part of blood, the plasma, is very similar to the liquid part of lymph.

Lymph (with plasma and white blood cells that are part of the immune system) accumulates in between the cells of different tissues and flows into the lymphatic system, and from there to various lymph nodes. It carries waste material from the tissues to the lymph nodes where macrocytes (giant white blood cells) eat up all the bad stuff.

The plasma in blood leaks out of the blood vessels and goes to form some of what is in lymph.

So lymph and plasma are connected, but different.
    datocinca Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2011, 12:06 AM
    They are almost same, but lymph has very little amount of plasma proteins, which are not filtered through capillaries

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lymph nodes swollen [ 3 Answers ]

I hope somebody can help my brother has been bother for a number of years with his lymph nodes being swollen in his neck once they were large enough to see without palpating them now you can palpate and feel them also he has chronic back pain never has he been injured in any way he says he tired...

Swollen lymph nodes by the ear [ 4 Answers ]

The Lymph nodes that are located slightly below the ear are swollen most of the time. Doctors don't seem to be concerned. Any ideas? I have allergies to ragweed and tree pollen and am on ongoing immunotherapy. I also have Asthma.

Sore Lymph [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sore spot directly behind my left ear lobe. The left ear hurts a bit and the gland or vein following down my neck along the jaw line is also sore for about 2 inches. It's left side only. No bumps, bruises, sickness, fever, inflammation. It feels sore to the touch and ear feels like an...

What's a Lymph Gland [ 1 Answers ]

What's a Lymph Gland I think I might have one behind my ear?

Swollen lymph node [ 8 Answers ]

How do I know I have a swollen lymph node? I have a couple lymph nodes that slightly (very slightly, probably 0.2cm) protrude from my neck, each being no more than 1cm in diameter (1 might 1.5 cm, but no more)? I saw my GP and she said those WERE the lymph nodes and they're supposed to protrude...

View more questions Search