Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vlarwood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 07:09 PM
    How do you get rid of a Keloid from a piercing without taking the piercing out?
    I got an idustrial piercing in my left year about a little more then a month ago. All of a sudden I saw this bump raising on the top whole. I found out online that it's a keloid but I'm not to sure if I'm supposed to take it out. Do these things just go away? Are they dangerous? And is there anyway I can get rid of it without taking out the piercing?
    Help please.
    mysterious5 Posts: 50, Reputation: 7

Feb 15, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Hey girl, take it out now. I got a keloid on my ear a couple years ago and I was too dumb to take it out too. Then it got bigger and looked ugly. I went to a dermatologist and I had a minor surgery to remove it but I came back which the doctor said might happen. I started using this scar gel sheet, I forgot the name but I helped flatten it a lot but you really got to put pressure on it to help make it flat, I tied a bandana to my head over my ears every night to help. Good luck
    xNot4Me_Nevr4Ux Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 09:05 AM
    I have an industrial piercing and I have that problem. But I've found a way to get them down considerabley! Get a small glass and put in a tsp of salt into it then some boiling water to dissolve it. Get a thin sharp needle and a piece of kitchen paper and cotton wool buds. Make sure your hair is out of the way and take your bar out and put it into the salt water. Get the needle and dip it in the water to sterilise (and I find put the needle in the hole of your piercing and then coming up through the bump works best!) it will hurt a bit but not significantly, it's a manageble pain. Do this to all of the keloids. Pus probably won't comeout blood will as theys eem to be made of blood and overgrown skin. Get the kitchen paper and clean off the blood, then get some cotton wool buds, dip them into the water and press them to your keloids, remember it is boiling so it will hurt but boiling water sterilises it, so press it to the keloids and make sure you dab all around them. Repeat with needle and cottone wool buds again. Then using another clean paper towel get your bar and wipe off any pus or residue and put it back in, followed by the ball to secure it. Afterwards I find go and empty the glass then fill it with salt and boiling water then fill the rest of the glass with cold water making it farely warm (but not cold!) and actually dip in your infected ear and twist your bar and dry it thoroughly. Keep your bar moving during the day. Doing this everyday or evryother day will help reduce the keloids loads. XD hope I helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get rid of a keloid/scar tissue from a piercing? [ 36 Answers ]

I had my belly button pierced and it rejected and now there is what the piercer says is scar tissue but it may be a keloid. How can I get rid of it? I want to pierce it again and don't want these lumps there. I had it pierced 3 times already lol. The first time had it for 3 years and had to take it...

Should I remove a Keloid scar (piercing scar tissue)? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a navel piercing a year ago. Unfortunately, it somehow got inflamed and removed itself out of the skin; hence, created a scar which I believe is called the Keloid scar. I had once stopped by the piercing place to ask for professional suggestion of whether not I could be able to re-pierce it,...

Is this nose piercing bump a keloid? [ 20 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if this bump around my nose pierce looks 'normal'? The piercing is almost a month old and this bump has only gotten a little smaller in the last week. I had another one earlier in the piercing that was smaller and shrank a bit, but didn't go away completely. My piercer said...

Ear Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 17 year old male living in Chandler, Arizona. I am going to ASU and my parents are in Connecticut and I'm staying with an aunt. I want to get my left ear pierced, but you need a parent and stuff to get it done it most places I've checked. I turn 18 in Nov, but I would like it done...

Taking out piercing after 10 yrs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm taking out my belly ring after almost 10 years of having it. I have a few questions. How long will it take to close up? How should I care for it to minimize scars? How bad should I expect the scar to be? Thank you for any help/input in advance! -Shelly

View more questions Search