Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DESY-POOH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 03:40 PM
    25 square units
    Without drawing the rectangles, think about and then list all the possible rectangles with an area of 25 square units.

a) Sketch the rectangle you think will have the largest perimeter. Label its length, width, area, and perimeter. Describe its shape.

Can somebody help me!!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 09:04 AM

Assuming that the answer must be in integer units (i.e, a rectanle that is 3 * 25/3 is not allowed) -- first ask yourself how many different ways can you multiply two integers to get 25? That will give you the possible dimensions of the rectangle's length and width. Then compare the perimeters of each. You should find that for a given area, long and skinny rectangles will have longer perimeters than square or nearly square rectangles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixture units [ 2 Answers ]

Determine the number of fixture units required in a commercial place.

2 ac units or 1? [ 3 Answers ]

We are buying a house in Melbourne, FL with their optional energy efficiency package. Originally, they said there were going to be two ac units, now they came back and said the AC company changed to a new style handler and the second unit is no longer needed. The house is 2600 sq ft two story...

Can someone tell me these units? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone know the units for: Velocity Acceleration Force Work And Power? Thank you.

How to convert units [ 15 Answers ]

Here is the question: Our sun is 93 million miles away... the speed of light travels at 186 thousand miles per second, how long does it take the speed of light to get from the sun to the earth? Show me the answer in minutes.

Using units [ 5 Answers ]

turning kg into joules do you use the units kilograms when working out an equation or would you convert them into g before using the equation

View more questions Search