Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Do you think its jelousy
    K so I have a new boyfriend that I know that I really like a lot but I can't help it when my ex doesn't talk to me doesn't text me back call me or anything and when he talks to other girls I know he's not mine anymore so I can't really complain about ti after all I did break up with him. But I miss him a lot but do you think the reason that I feel like this is because I am a bit jelouse that these girls have a chance with him and I don't?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 7, 2006, 06:53 PM
    This is all about your and your insecurities.

Jealousy is ugly... You can treat yourself with more respect than to worry about whether your "ex" is happier than you or dating someone "better" than you... What's the point in that?

Live your own life!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2006, 01:23 AM
    You said :-

Quote Originally Posted by cutie08
    but i miss him alot but do you think the reason that i feel like this is because i am a bit jelouse that these girls have a chance with him and i dont??
    But think about it properly...
    You HAD a chance with him already!!
    So why be jealous?
    luvee Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Aug 8, 2006, 04:31 AM
    Oh well, its not jealousy... Let's face it, it ain't so easy to forget someone who became a part of our life and that's what's happening to you. You are still on the process of grieving because you're relationship didn't work out. It's pretty normal... I suggest, find some activities that will divert you... move on... let go of that feeling because it will never help you. Think that this guy doesn't worth your attention and if you really care about your ex more than your new boyfriend, oh well, better let go of your new boyfriend and try to love yourself first. I think you are not ready yet for another relationship. YOu might end up getting hurt again and you might hurt your new boyfriend as well. Getting into another relationshp after a relationshp is not always the perfect solution.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2006, 04:33 AM
    I agree with luvee.
    Good post!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 8, 2006, 03:49 PM
    You are gaging your worth by outside stuff - primarily boyfriends. This is a sure path to longterm unhappiness. It would be better if you focused your attention on your life, particularly a good life without any boyfriend. Jealous feelings are spawned out of not feeling worthy. You must concentrate on doing esteemable things to raise yourself esteem. Once you know who you are, what you want and have a plan for succeeding at it, you will feel worthy and a boyfriend will fit in with better balance.

But let me also warn you that sadly the odds say this advice will be skipped, there will be all kinds of concentration on all those lucky girls, unhappiness will grow, the boyfriend will go and you may suddenly find yourself the sole guest at a personal pity party. Just be sure if you do, to remind yourself it was all avoidable, that is was all a matter of a series of decisions you made, okay?

I am not saying these things to be hard on you-- its just the truth as I see it and I hope it makes some sense, some impact and lets you feel supported in making better decisions for yourself-- because you matter! Thanks for posting.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Don't get me wrong I can feel the pain your in , I have suggested you seek help by way of counselling or mentoring. The fact that after observing you through your other post I know for a fact that you will ignore the good advice you have received so far. If you would listen a boyfriend is the last thing you need! PLEASE listen... I am on your side.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2006, 12:57 AM
    I really agree with Tal.
    You are only 15, concentrate on yourself, get to know who are and what you want to achieve in life.
    A nice boyfriend will come along, don't you worry, you got plenty of time for that, the right one will come when you least expect him too.

We are all on your side.
    We've all been there and done that, right?
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Aug 13, 2006, 03:19 PM
    This breaking up and still being friends with that person is a bad idea imo. In my day(baby boomer) it wasn't popular. Let bye gones be bye gones. It sounds a little like your pride is hurt. You're not getting any attention anymore, but you shouldn't be either. You aren't his girlfriend anymore. He's acting like someone who is single(hopefully)that's all.
    Concentrate on your present boyfriend. Take the other's # off your phone,etc. as soon as you realize the messages are coming in at about the rate of 0 X per month.
    You have a new boyfriend anyway. Be happy.
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Aug 17, 2006, 11:24 PM
    I agree so far... but I also wanted to add that even though you broke up with him... sometimes we look back and "always want what we can't have" feelings come up sometimes. You are young... I also have read other posts of yours, and you really need to focus on yourself! You will move on, and friends is really hard when you initially break up... maybe later down the line when feelings and loss have mended... and both have moved on... but not now! You don't need to know what he is doing! Let go! :) You will be able to have peace!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search