Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mosigh Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Will my criminal background showup for European visa?
    I am an Indian. While being on work visa in the US, I got involved in a crime. WHile pursuing the case, I returned home (back to India). I appeared for visa to go back to the US and fight the case but my application was denied. Now I am in India, with case still pending and warrants as well.
    In this case, please suggest me whether I can get student visa for France? My criminal record is clean in India. There is US visa stamp on my passport. Will the French Embassy check my criminal record in the US? Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.
    Mohinder
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 04:50 AM
    Hello m:

It's MORE than your RECORD that should concern you. It's the WARRANT. International travel while you have an outstanding warrant in the US is fraught with danger. You'll probably be arrested and extradited to the US.

If you're convicted, you'll serve your sentence and then you'll be deported.

excon

Feb 1, 2009, 06:18 AM

Thanks excon.. was just curious... will European consulate ask for my background check though me being an Indian? Or US share all their info with europeans? I am sure my warrant is not with interpol.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mosigh View Post
    i am sure my warrant is not with interpol.
    Hello again, m:

You ARE?? Cool.

I wouldn't be making that assumption, though... especially when putting a warrant out to the world is simply a matter of pushing a button on a computer.

Please tell me why the US ISN'T interested in it's fugitives being arrested by Interpol? That doesn't sound like the actions of a country who IS the worlds largest jailer.

excon

Feb 1, 2009, 09:11 AM

I agree with you excon... but the point is that it's been three years since this incident... and I'ven't found any of my info on interpol so far... even the bailbond has given up on me... any suggestions how long on an average the cops take to submit records to interpol?
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Hello again, m:

I don't think it's a matter of records or time. I'm sure they have a software program, called WARRANTS. They fill in the details and push a button. Rip - zap - your warrant is on the computer of EVERY police force in the world.

Nooo, they're not going to TELL you they have a warrant. That defeats the purpose. The first time you'll find out about it is when they slap the cuffs on you.

excon

Feb 1, 2009, 09:50 AM

But anyone can access interpol website and find who's wanted... then why can't I search for myself in the wanted list... and guess what I am not there!! (so far) :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mosigh View Post
    but anyone can access interpol website and find who's wanted....then why can;t i search for myself in the wanted list....and guess what i am not there!!! (so far) :)

I wouldn't count on any website being correct, official website or not.

So apply for the visa and see what the response is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal background going to stop me [ 3 Answers ]

I am 22 years old I was wondering if anyone can help me I want to start my education on criminal justice ,forensic scientist to be specific. But I have a criminal background from 2003 criminal tresspasing I was only 17 though.. biggest mistake of my life... I wanted to see if I'm going to waste my...

Background/Criminal Check [ 6 Answers ]

I posted a few months ago about a man my mother has started dating. The whole situation with him is so suspicious that I'm worried. He recently got arrested for something that he supposedly went to jail for in Florida a few months ago. Since he wouldn't be arrested for the same thing twice, I...

Criminal background record [ 4 Answers ]

I recently applied for a position at a local bank. They took my finger prints to run a criminal background check through the FBI. The FBI report shows that I was arrested on 12/14/1980 for theft of personal property. The problem is that at the time of the arrest, I provided a false name. Can I...

Criminal Background [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my criminal backgroung cleared if I did something 12 years ago?

Criminal background 12 yrs.ago... [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to go back to school in the medical field; I'm offered job placements through where I graduated .Do I have to worry about possibility of rejection because of a past record-over 10yrs.ago?! I've been told it shouldn't be that big of a deal... but,I have concerns because school...

View more questions Search