Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mega Mom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Think my sewer is froze
    I live in a trailor park in a single wide trailor. Our water froze, but we got it thawed. Now we think the sewer is froze, but it is 40 degrees outside. I removed some of the skirting so the warm air can pass through. It still won't go down. I don't have the money for a plumber to come. I am wondering if I should try to run a snake down through. Please any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. Thank You!!
    zxed Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 01:06 PM

Try to flush some salt + hot water?
    zxed Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Actually a lot of salt + hot water.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Mega mom..

Your toilet should be working/flushing... yes? The sink inside the bathroom should also be draining.. yes? The tub probably is not draining....right?

Unless, the entire trailer froze up both INSIDE and outside..? If entire trailer froze then all drains could be frozen, except toilet drain. Here, the toilet itself would have frozen... not the main drain line.

Anyway, fill us in on more details and we'll see how to help you best!

MARK
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 03:38 PM

If sewer is froze, snaking will not help. Please answer Marks questions, and we will try to help further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The 14 HP LT B/S just froze up on my Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Have MTD Mower with Briggs $ Straton 14 HP LT engine. Engine froze yesterday. What engines can I use and will there any problems (such as belt size) installing the new engine?

A/C froze up - thawed out and now won't run at all [ 5 Answers ]

HELP!! Yesterday, I took a nap and woke up a couple of hours later to find the house not feeling very cool. Checked the thermostat and although it was set for 65, the actual temp was 78. Checked outside unit and discovered that it was frozen. Melted the ice with pitchers of room temp water. ...

Hdd won't work after xp froze [ 1 Answers ]

I went to install xp pro on a 40gb I have. I have installed xp many times without issue. While installing xp the installation froze. I was forced to turn off the PC. When I brought the PC back up the hdd is not responding. I installed xp on another drive and set the 40gb to slave. The drive is...

Need help.. computer froze during upgrade from win98se to ME [ 13 Answers ]

I was upgrading my old computer from win98se to windows ME and it was doing good then at 66% of install it froze so I turned it off then back on and now all I get is the message "this version of windows only run on ms-dos 8.00." then I get C:\> what happened and please tell me how to fix it! It...

View more questions Search