Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2003, 01:33 PM
    Repair of 1977 Yamaha XS650 motorcycle
    I am trying to fix an ignition problem with my 1977 Yamaha XS 650 motorcycle. There is no spark at the plugs.
    ashdad Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2005, 09:58 AM
    No spark at plugs
    Try new wires then check the coils under the tank.
    Also try http://www.650motorcycles.com/ for all sorts of info on your bike
    void Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2006, 12:02 AM
    Change your sys. To 1980 elec. Ign.
    Its apain, but it ends there [if you do it right the first time.]
    xs650 chopper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 01:03 AM

You may also want to check out www.xs650chopper.com Use a voltmeter and check each component. Work your way through the systems one component at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1977 KZ650 oil problem [ 5 Answers ]

Just bought a 1977 KZ650 with 23,000 miles... there wasn't a drop of oil on the ground or on the bike (old or new) and the bike hadn't been moved in two plus weeks... I got the bike home (about a 30 minute ride) and found oil blowing out a small tube below the carbs... any ideas? What if anything...

Yamaha xs650 wiring [ 0 Answers ]

I need someone to tell me how to wire a1981 xs650 yamaha engine without using one more wire than it takes to make it run.I have no use for the rest of the junk as it is not in a motorcycle but in a monster truck.

1977 Chevy love [ 1 Answers ]

What up everybody, I have a 1977 Chevy Luv on my hands and I want to make it a truck that I can go out in the hills and really do some off roading. What should I do to it to make it look like a off roading bad boy, and so I can protect everything I need to protect. Thanks

Xs650 shifter problems [ 1 Answers ]

My '81 xs650 has been chopped, raked and has the swingarm stretched so everything is not exactly original. My problem is that the gear shifter that sticks out of the side of the engine has the spline stripped and the clamp can't get a good grip. I drilled a hole through it and inserted a pin but it...

View more questions Search