Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwindell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Termites
    Need to know what options I have for treating termites other than tenting. My next door neighber has a severely weaken immune system so I want a treatment that is non toxic if possible. I haven't yet had a termite inspection but there is evidence of termite damage around my bathroom and fencing
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Aug 9, 2006, 08:00 PM
    You can use termite bait stations. You can buy these or call a professional exterminator to install them.
    Your neighbor should be on the Dept of Agriculture list of people who are hypersensitve to pesticides. This list is given to all exterminators who are certified with the Dept of Agriculture. They must notify your neighbor if treating in her area.

I don't know where you live, but if you have subteranean termites you need to control any moisture in your house. Subteranean termites need moisture to survive. Hence the bathroom and fence posts. They will only attack anything with cellulose content. (drwall paper, wood, books, etc)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Persistent Termites [ 1 Answers ]

My home was treated for termites a year ago. The chemical used was Termidor. Since that time, I have noticed termite activity in the same location on three separate occasions and the area was retreated twice. I noticed more termite activity today so I am very concerned. My pest control company...

View more questions Search