How do you make a goat go to sleep?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2009, 06:59 AM

Sing it a lullaby?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 07:01 AM

Why are you asking the question please, ROLCAM?

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2009, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Why are you asking the question please, ROLCAM?

Thanks!
    Because he's too lazy to do an Internet search?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 07:26 AM

Or, because he's trying to find a way to kill time and build post count here, by asking questions that anyone can find the answers to by doing the searches on the Internet.

Thanks!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2009, 07:27 AM

Sideshow performers in ancient Greece used to amaze their audiences by pressing a spot on a goat's neck — pinching off the artery leading to the brain — and causing it to go to sleep. Releasing the pressure would allow the goat to wake again. (The trick still works today.)

I would not recommend this as it sounds cruel and dangerous.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 01:41 PM

Goats are social animals, they perfer to be in groups. IF alone, allow them to sleep on your backporch at least, so they will feel more part of the famiy.

Jan 31, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Or, because he's trying to find a way to kill time and build post count here, by asking questions that anyone can find the answers to by doing the searches on the Internet.

Thanks!
    Could very well be. I am familiar with this person from the old pointask.com (is that still around). I had many problems with the quality of his answers there. Often he just copied and pasted from other sites without attributing them. So he does know how to search.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 05:17 PM

Put it to bed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping problems, not sleeping, insomnia [ 9 Answers ]

Hi this is the first time Ive ever been on this site seems to be very helpful. My boyfriend has been taking prescription ambien for about 7 months and his new doctor took him off that and gave him other sleeping medications but he does not sleep at all now. Maybe one or two hours a night and...

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

Goats [ 1 Answers ]

Can you over feed a goat kid? The reason I ask is because I have one that it seems like he eats constantly and his stomach keeps on growing but the rest him seems to be staying small. Am I feeding him the right feed or should I be doing something different?:( I feel really bad about this and I...

Anybody know about goats? [ 1 Answers ]

I am very concerned about my goat. After being pregnant at least two weeks longer than the normal gestation period, she finally delivered one live baby and one long-dead baby this morning. She'd gotten absolutely huge. Massive. I'm pretty sure she has an infection, but there are no vets out here...

View more questions Search