Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moncagua Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Condensation
    Why there is a lot of condensation on my duct in my basement is due to low air flow or too much air flow? What can I do to solve this problem?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Is the duct in your basement insulated?? If it is not insulated it is the cold air inside the duct that is condensing the moisture on the outside of the duct. You must have some kind of vapor barrier insulation on your ducts to keep them from sweating. It works the same way as the cold drink glass that collects moisture out of the air...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC duct condensation [ 3 Answers ]

Air conditioning ducts to 2nd floor run between ceiling joist of 1st floor. Have developed water stains on ceiling.These stains are the result of Condensation forming on the ducts and leaking through the ceiling dry Wall. What needs to be done to stop this from happening....

Condensation pump [ 3 Answers ]

I need to install a pump for condensation for my central air unit/furnace, because there is not a drain for it to dump into. The pump would have to be strong enough to pump the water overhead and across 15 feet to dump into a sink. The condensation tube is about 3-4 feet high coming out of the...

Condensation on one duct [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for your replies. We just put a new central A/C system (complete) as a replacement for a leaking unit. One unfortunate result was heavy condensation along one duct route that created lots of moisture in a closet and ceiling when it was very humid outside. The dealer...

Condensation on roof [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a cape style home in August from my family built by my grandfarther. Well When I had it inspected, we had mold. So I ripped off the roof and put a new one on, (no Mold). Well, last week I notice water stains on my first floor ceiling and window frames. I did some research and I...

Bathroom condensation [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure what is happening in my bathroom. Please help me figure this out. After taking a warm shower we notice that there was drips of water coming from the cielings exhaust fan. Upon further inspection (removing the cover,removing the insulation from the attic where the fan is,noticing for...

View more questions Search