Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AIRMAN331 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2009, 12:44 AM
    Felony or Misdemeanor?
    Is wrongful use of cocaine a felony or misdemeanor it was a result from a special court martial so it's a federal conviction. I have done a lot of research, I have asked public defenders, attorneys and even military lawyers but I have not gotten an answer? I have heard New jersey justifies any special court matial conviction a felony but have not gotten any written proof? Please help
    raynarambo Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2009, 03:15 AM
    In the state of New Jersey there is not a felony or misdemeanor. Criminal cases are charged by category. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. For more information here is a website that may help you clarify it more NJ Crime Grades Attorney - Degrees of New Jersey Criminal Charges - NJ Criminal Defense Firm - Law Firm John F. Marshall Attorneys Red Bank, New Jersey
    SaraKammeraad Posts: 82, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2009, 10:27 PM

I assume because in essence it was a federal charge that they lowered it to a felony. In the state of Michigan any type of cocaine charge is a felony, maybe you could lookup your state's statutes and find some info.
    raynarambo Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2009, 02:54 AM
    I live in Wisconsin and just like Michigan there is Felony and Misdemeaner. However, like I stated in my first post in New Jersey they do not going by charging with Felony or Misdemeaner they go by charging by category. There is no Felony or Misdemeaner in that state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

I need 2 know if this is a misdemeanor or a felony in GA [ 1 Answers ]

Stealing a bank card & withdrawing $300.00 out of an atm, is it a misdemeanor or felony in the state of GA

Can I get felony reduced to misdemeanor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I wanted to find out if a felony can be reduced to a misdemeanor 2nd degree assaut was the felony charge. And how soon should a person do that... my public defender told me we should wait till I finish my probation which was for 3 years paid my restituition. The attorney said it is a one time...

Gun purchase after felony reduced to misdemeanor [ 18 Answers ]

Complicated questions. 6 almost 7 years I was convicted of aggravated battery. 60 days county jail and the remainder of a year on probation. With restitution and court fee's the be paid before release from probation. I completed probation with no blemish's and paid restitution on...

Misdemeanor or Felony? [ 1 Answers ]

Is a probation violation a felony or a misdemeanor?

View more questions Search