Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    docorjack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 11:40 PM
    Value of US currency
    I have a 1953 series C $2 bill red seal in UNC condition (A74652563A) which is misprinted so that the red seal overlaps the "TW" of the "TWO" and protrudes to the left. The red serial number is also moved to the left. I have not seen this error on any other 1953 bill or any bill at all. Any idea of value of note? Thank you very much. I am attaching a photo.
    Attached Images

Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2009, 08:55 PM

DECORJACK -I STUDIED YOUR picture of the
    $2.00 dollar note you have,and studying it with a picture of one in the book ,I would say that you do have a error note, 9A SLIGHT ONE <WHICH THE BOOK SAYS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME) ANY WAY I LOOKED IT UP IN THE ERROR SECTION AND IT SAYS THE VALUES OF THIS TYPE IS AS I HAVE POSTED:: THIS TYPE IS CALLED < ( SHIFTS OR MISALIGNED OVERPRINTS) #1- Useal values for this type are as follows:: A shifted overprint is worth {$
    50.00 (VF) to $100.00 (UNC)} over the face value, depending on the grade :: THANKS FOR posting the picture of the note ,IT helped me out, also ,it gives others a chance to see
    the note and learn from it and just see what we are doing on things like this on ( COINS AND PAPER MONEY),YOU DONE A GOOD JOB ON THE POST OF IT:: I hope thart I have answered your question , if not let me know by posting on this post:: UNC -63 shows for this note,and shows $ 12.00 for this grade, WHAT I would do on the value of it is ( ADD $100.00 to its value) NOTE _THESE VALUES I GIVE YOU ARE OUT OF THE 2009 RED BOOK ON ( US PAPER MONEY) HAVE A GOOD DAY AND GOD BLESS :: F.B.E>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate Currency Value [ 6 Answers ]

I have a CSA note dated Sept. 2 1864. It says its no. 18443. I will include the picture of the front which is like a black and whitish like color and the back which is greenish. http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/richiesangel0822/csa1.jpg ...

Old currency [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My grand parents passed away last year and they collected a lot of old coins and some old currency notes and I was wondering what they were worth. I have a 1 dollar silver certificate that is from the series 1928A serial number Z58728894A. It looks to be in VF to XF condition, has a blue...

You.S. Currency [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like to know 1928 silver certificate star note graded CGA 63 unc. Is worth. Please confirm Thanks Paul

Old currency [ 7 Answers ]

How much is a 1928 ten dollar bill worth in circulated condition?

View more questions Search