Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nolkim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Temporary custody of nephews
    Need help my Neices kids were taken away in Florida by DCF. She wants to give them to me for now until it gets straitened out but I don't know how to go about it can they be taken out of state if I live somewhere else.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2009, 11:07 AM
    Have you talked to her case worker? How old are the kids? Do they know you well?

"until it gets straightened out" That statement holds no ground... in some cases it never gets straightened out. Are you willing to go permanent if need be? This is really a nice thing you are doing, and I know there needs to be some "fast" decisions made. So my concern is to look at this on a piece of paper and write down the "what ifs"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 12:40 PM

You start by talking to the case worker

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temporary Custody [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and have been having a difficult time with family. My counselor from protective services has given me two of the "best" options. I would like to live with a family that I am very close to, which has been the most family-like group in my life. The counselor's first option was...

Temporary custody [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine signed temporary custody of her son over to her sister while she was incarcerated.the sister was not taking proper care of child and came to visit and my friend the natural mother of the child would not let the baby leave with the sister.she brought the law up there but mother had...

Temporary custody vs final custody [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am the father of 2 16 month old twin girls, we went to court and I have temp custody. Mother is charged with domestic abuse. My question is.. if I have had temp custody for over a half a year and the kids are doing great, would it be hard for me to keep being custodial parent in joint custody...

How do I get custody for my nephews? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and her exhusband are unfit to be with their children. 1 is 10 and the oldest is 15 yrs old. Many times the kids have told me that they don't want to be with either of their parents. I live in New York city, please advise.

Getting temporary custody? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I am 18 years old I have a one and a half year old daughter and I married her father. Her father and I are separated no paperwork or temporary custody has been filed. The father has kept her away from me for a month now.. and he is just now letting me vist her and it is only...

View more questions Search