Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bahugunas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 10:40 PM
    2 Networks at 1 PC
    Hello I have a question; I have one desktop machine with 2 network interface card. One Broad Band is for internet connection and the other is for the connection of our Office software.
    Broad Band has the IP Add of 192.168.1.4 with subnet of 255.25.255.0 and supported with gateway 192.168.1.1

for Office software: The IP add is 11.30.218.217 subnet 255.255.0.0 and gateway 11.30.200.1

My problem is I can't connect to my Office softwarre if Broad Band is enabled, I have to this disable it ti=o be coonected to internet.
    any advice on how to deal with this two connections without disabling one of them?
    Thanks
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Feb 5, 2009, 08:13 AM

The problem is that you have two gateway addresses and one will allways take precedence over the other. You need to remove one of them and then add a route to your route table for the exception to your standard route. Remove the 11.30.200.1 gateway address from your TCP/IP configuration.

Then go to a command prompt and type the following:

ROUTE ADD -P 11.30.0.0 MASK 255.255.0.0 11.30.200.1

That should do it.
    bahugunas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckhole View Post
    The problem is that you have two gateway addresses and one will allways take precedence over the other. You need to remove one of them and then add a route to your route table for the exception to your standard route. Remove the 11.30.200.1 gateway address from your TCP/IP configuration.

Then go to a command prompt and type the following:

ROUTE ADD -P 11.30.0.0 MASK 255.255.0.0 11.30.200.1

That should do it.
    Thanks for you are answer but doing this message displays
    BAD GATEWAY ADDRESS SUBNET
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Feb 6, 2009, 07:38 AM

On your PC, do an IPCONFIG /ALL and copy the contents to a post.

I am going to retype the above and replace the spaces with a dollar sign in case you could not completely catch the format.

ROUTE$ADD$-P$11.30.0.0$MASK$255.255.0.0$11.30.200.1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 networks in xp [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm an idiot but this is causing a problem. I have 2 desktops and a laptop (min) All run XP pro I have 2 desktops wired to a Gigabit switch and from the Gigabit switch to a print server. I also have an ADSL wireless Router.

One PC different Networks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a few pcs that need to connect to two different networks. I assume that I will need two nic cards with ip addresses on both networks, I'm just not sure how the configuration should be setup to have the cards communicate. Looking for a document or help on this. Thanks. PCs running w2k...

2 Networks 1 PC [ 13 Answers ]

Hi - I'm wanting to connect my girlfriend's laptop to my home network (so we can share files and she can access my printer) but this is already configured to be on her company network. Is there an easy way for me to configure her laptop so she can access my network when at home (as well as work...

Networks [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my two pc's to hook up so I can share files between the two?

Computer networks [ 2 Answers ]

How do we send message in a lan network in NT operating system using dos prompt?

View more questions Search