Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IdahoBiker Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Getting a OLD Game to run in XP?
    I purchased a OLD Game(1995 Version) "The DIG" by LucasArts(No-Support), No matter what I do I can't get it to Install/Play from the CDROM... I have used the Program Compatibility Wizard and made the settings to "windows 95, 256 Colors, 640 x Resolution, Turn off advanced services...still nothing??
    I even Installed DOSBox .65 & .72 Versions but that doesn't seem to Help either??
    I keep getting an ERROR: "Unable to Initialize to Fullscreen" whatever that is?
    So, is there a way to Run this Game?
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Feb 19, 2009, 10:46 AM

It's a dos game so download DOSbox whish emulates dos environment + sb16 so the sound works properly

DOSBox, a x86 emulator with DOS

If you don't fancy using the text configuration you can also download a frontend from same site
    IdahoBiker Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tf7426 View Post
    its a dos game so download DOSbox whish emulates dos environment + sb16 so the sound works properly

DOSBox, a x86 emulator with DOS

if you dont fancy using the text configuration you can also download a frontend from same site
    Guess I should have ended this Post:o But I had a Hard time Understanding the Set-Up of the DOSBox Program, so I ended up using ScummVM which Installed and Ran Great with this Old Game:)
    In Fact I completed the Game already:D
    But THANK YOU for Your Input!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of this cat game? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My name is Sean. I'll be as specific as I can. I have'nt seen this game in years. I used to own it as a kid and loved it. It consisted of a large grey-colored cats head, and you pulled a big long red tongue out of the cats mouth, which slowly retracted back into the cat's mouth...

Game Show Host game [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of an old electroinc board game that features a talking game show host? It was released in the late 70s or in the 80s. I thought the name of it was "Game Show Host" but I can't find it anywhere. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Where can you get this old game? [ 2 Answers ]

Right I think this game is called: Kean 14 it had a boy in it called commander kean. He had a small gun and you had shoot these little slugs at one point. I know it would only work on windows 95 or something but if anyone knows of a way you can get it on windows xp then I would really like to know...

Name of an old game [ 2 Answers ]

When I was growing up (this would have been about 1996) a friend of mine had a game that we didn't play much because we could never figure it out, but in years past I've been wanting very much to give it another try. The problem is, that I never actually knew the name of it. I'm hoping someone here...

Game help [ 3 Answers ]

I have this nascar sim racing game I play all the time, now I'm get something that say's the following. We have encountered a problem with sim racing, and it must be shut down. Thank you [email protected]

View more questions Search