Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_20pgn Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 04:16 PM
    Any ideas?
    Around what age is it when children start to remember their name & age& whatnot?my son has a severe speech delay.he does however know his name and how to say it but when his father or I ask him his name he either completley ignores us or gets mad.any sugge
    Tions on how to help my son?maybe picture or words cards?
    godiscool Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2009, 05:02 PM

Hi. My answer is this. Some kids do slowly remember stuff about themselves. Other I would first recommend a little encouragement. Later on I would continually get his attention and tell him the stuff you want him to know, repediatly.
    SaraKammeraad Posts: 82, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2009, 10:32 PM

I don't think that means that he doesn't know it at that time. I have 3 kids and all 3 have learned that information at different times. I think he just doesn't want you to keep asking him or he doesn't want to answer at that time. Have someone that he knows that he might not see everyday ask him if he knows his name. Even if he can not say it due to his speech, if he knows his name and information I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    sarah_20pgn Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 03:31 PM
    Helping son talk on his own
    How can I encourage my 3yr old to talk voluntary? I have gotten many sugge
    Tions on here from users on how to help his speech and just over the pasr week and a half I have noticed improvement.he
    Starting to talk a lot more and a lot better.he is still mainly repeating what he hears instead of speaking on his own.how can I encourage him to talk and say things on his own instead of him just repeating what he hears?thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a dance song, a pretty recent song I think also... would probably hear it in night clubs a lot and the radio maybe. All I remember from this song is a lot of ''na's'' Such as , na nananana na nananana.. could you please help me out?

Any ideas? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I've been having some issues with some kids in school. I must admit, I'm slightly nerdy. I love being in the school band, math is my favorite subject, and I've gotten nothing but As on every report card I've ever gotten. I am very proud of these things, but it's given me an odd...

Need Ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody gives me some ideas what it means to be American?

Need your ideas [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just wondering what your ideas are of what a normal, healthy relationship is? What are the "rules" when arguing or just dealing with each other? What is absolutely off-limits? Thank you so much for any input you might offer.:)

Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend that just broke up with her boyfriend a three weeks ago and she is usually sad and doesn't want to do anything besides being in her house and by herself, she was with her boyfrined for a year and one month. The only thing is that her ex boyfriend send my friend a valentine's day...

View more questions Search